Halloween was... well, Halloween. I'm just not a big fan of it (if you can't tell), but I tolerate it fine, I guess. :) Here's a rundown of our Halloween night through the minds of my children (or at least what I suspect was going through their minds):
"Wow, I'm one good looking train conductor. What an awesome mom I have to spend hours looking online at train conductor costumes for me." (And yes, that was all in Gavin's mind! :) )
"Don't think for one second, Mom, that I'm going to pose and smile for a picture!"
"I mean it, Mom."
"Come on, Mom! You're really hurting my feelings!" (Through broken sobs)
"I'm forcing a smile for this last picture, Mom, but if you take one more, this fist is headed your way!"
And the rest of the night is history... filled with way too much sugar for my kids' own good and a whole lot more rain than the weatherman predicted.
Later that night, after getting the kids out of their costumes (and "inspecting" - i.e. eating - our kids' Halloween candy), we packed the kids up in the car and headed up to Greg's sister's cabin in Bear Lake with our friends, the Jorgensens. We had a great weekend full of...
Fun,
Relaxation,
Beautiful Views,
Smiles,
Celebration,
And sleep, of course.
Frankly, I wish we'd never left. Getting back to normal life is never fun, especially with tomorrow's lovely election. Pray for a miracle, everybody! :) -Ash
8 comments:
i like the hammock picture the best. good job with their costumes!
i wish we could have come to bear lake! PLEASE invite us again! plus, we are the coolest people to invite anyway. :) the pictures of ty with your captions were seriously cracking me up, he is so funny! it was fabuloso to see you guys this sunday! :)
oh and i totally forgot to say that i LOVE gavie's costume. he looks so so cute and its so perfect for him!
That looks like so much fun, what a beautiful cabin! Ahh! I miss Utah! Your kids look adorable.
The kids looked so cute in their costumes!! And it definitly looks like you guys had a nice relaxing time at Bear Lake, it's always hard to get back to normal life after that.. :0)
cute family, at least your kids would put on their costume hats without crying. Where do you get your cute backgrounds?
Oh it looks worth it with how beautiful it is there this time of year! I love that picture of the kids sleeping on the couch. too precious.
The boys looked great and are true to character. It looks like Ty can fall asleep anywhere! Love Poppy
Post a Comment