Friday, November 7, 2008

My Political Blogging Days Are Over...

Yep, that's right. Even though I've had a lot of fun posting political blogs lately and sharing my point of view, it is turning my blog into something I don't want it to be - a place where anonymous commentors can call Republicans idiots and hicks, and my Dad can be termed a racist (and I do apologize to whoever thought that - they are his thoughts, not mine. However, never once has my dad mentioned race in any of his comments. He is just a very conservative man who doesn't like the liberal point of view, as well as people who thrive off of entitlements - race has nothing to do with it. If I thought his comments were racist, I would never have accepted them and posted them on my blog).

So, I will now be returning back to what I originally wanted this blog to be about - my family. It seems like my readership has expanded more than I will know by writing about politics, and I'm sad to lose that, but again, a family blog should be happy and fun, not mean-spirited and judgmental. Thanks for putting up with me for the last few posts, and I hope you will all keep reading! :) -Ash

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're blog background is so stinkin cute! Where'd you get it???

Tara said...

I always love reading your blog. I feel smarter and more educated after I do. I hope that he will prove us all wrong and do a great job, but we will see. I LOVE all your recent blogs. It seems a little unfair when you can't put your own opinion and beliefs on your blog.

~heidi said...

It is too bad that there are people that feel like just because this is the internet they can get away with saying things.
I love reading your blog and being more informed - maybe you start a political blog and make it private :)
Very cute blog background by the way!

Ross and Lea said...

Hey such a small world. I was checking up on my blogs and then doing a little blog hoping and I found your blog. Hope you don't mind. I grew up with Heidi Moline/Jarrett. I haven't seen you in a while. Hope you don't mind that I look at your blog.

Anonymous said...

Liberal views are often not thought out. Racism is the only rebutal they have and that is most likely why people have called you a racist.


A Conservative Friend

Kristin and Dan said...

No... I don't think I will keep reading.

Just kidding, sister!!

Emily said...

You know what?! Those people are a load of crap - you should be able to post whatever you want on your blog without worrying about being judged or anything else.

Forget them - anyway, I liked what you had to say and I agree with Heidi, I felt more informed after reading it - maybe you'll have to jump on the bandwagon (I think I'm planning on doing it too) and go private just to avoid ridiculous people like that.