I went to bed last night feeling pretty bummed, but not too bad, only to wake up this morning feeling like the world as we know it has changed drastically. Laugh if you want, but I'm freaked out. The implications of universal health care (and not being able to see a doctor when you need to), of huge taxes on corporations and families that support our economy, and the fact that we have not just a democratic government across the board now, but they are all very far-left is frightening to me.
When this whole race began (almost 2 years ago... wow, that's way too much campaigning), I was almost positive a Democrat would win because oddly enough, Americans these days seem to think all Republicans are President Bush. Frankly, I didn't care. I figured the candidate would be like Bill Clinton, not do too much damage to the country, and then the Republicans would have a comeback later. I also thought that the candidate wouldn't be able to pass everything on his agenda because the Republicans in office wouldn't allow it. As the campaign went on, however, I realized this wouldn't be the case. Obama is a very liberal senator, and along with Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi, he can just go to town with his liberal agenda. Nobody is there to counter it, nobody is there to stop it - absolutely nobody.
Well, I could keep going on, but I'm going to stop because frankly, dwelling on it isn't making me any happier. But just one last thing. For that anonymous commenter on my blog (whose comment I'm not going to share with you all because it was very mean-spirited), please don't comment again. There is absolutely no reason for your hateful comments about Republicans. Your candidate won - go party, get drunk, and celebrate socialism - but don't come posting things on my blog that are completely inappropriate and downright mean. It shows poor character, to say the least.
Because of that comment, I may be making my blog private soon. More details coming. -Ash
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
The Day After...
Posted by
The Swensons
at
7:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Way to go babe...I'm not going to support Obama or his henchmen and henchwomen in the least. All good LDS conservatives should do everything they can to thwart the evil intents of the Democratic agenda. Unfortunately, the USA has made a drastic turn to the left with more "takers" than "producers." Let's hope that Obama screws things up so bad in the next four years that the country will be forced to relook at itself and give true conservatism a real chance. Hang in there, Sosh, at least we know that God is on our side. Love Poppy
p.s. Don't worry about your Kool-Aid drinking poster. He's probably a sore anti-Prop 8 loser...and I do mean loser!
I have been waiting for you to post. I also feel totally bummed. JJ is ready to move to Mexico. :) We had stake conference last week and Elder Packer said tough times are ahead...lucky for us we do have God on our side, and I agree with Poppy. (I am assuming that is your dad.) Oh this liberal country we live in!
Don't make your blog private. That's lame-o! There are always going to be people that disagree, but if you truly believe in what you write (which I know you do), you shouldn't care what others think. Anyway, we will all make it through the next 4 (or heaven forbid, 8) years just fine. Then, things will swing back to right, and we'll fix everything.
That's kind of scary about your anonomous commenter. I didn't see the comment which might be a good thing although you have kind of peaked my curiosity...
I don't blame you for wanting to go private. Corey's been wanting me to go private for awhile now so I might be doing the same thing! You can't help but wonder what this world is coming to!
Glen Beck shared a quote on his program about Ezra Taft Benson meeting with a communist leader back in the 60s, the implications of yesterday seem pretty applicable to what was said...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMzLgSuBr54
Hey girly, I love your insight on all of this and I agree with you. Man I could not believe all of the arguments going on at work last night because of all of this. You had half of them happy as could be and the other half calling Obama the anti-christ. Keep posting what you believe in more people agree then you know and those who dont just are bitter people
The thing I found most frustrating today, was that they weren't talking about what he will bring to the presidency they were all just focused on what a step it was for the black community. I can thoroughly understand why it was so huge, I am just as in awe about that fact, I think it's great to have a black president. But I don't like feeling like it was one of the main reasons he got into office. I would love him if he stood for the things I hold most dear and if he stood for what I believe in. I am saddened to see where this country is now headed. I am not in favor with any of the things he intends to persue.
I hear you Ash...I was bummed too and it will be interesting to see where the next four years will take us. Just keep following the prophet and at least things for you and your family will be okay! :)
i agree with stuage... making your blog private is very lame-o! that is why you moderate comments - to avoid weirdo liberals and crazy potty-training people!
I hear ya. It is a scary thought. It is like America is just choosing to follow blindly. We will just see what happens and hopefully next time.... America will make a better choice.
Don't worry...by the end of January I'm sure many people will be hoping they could take back their vote! I'm so disappointed that the election wasn't closer :( I like that you are very politically educated and enjoy your blog so keep it up...I'm sure the next four years will give you a lot to keep writing about!!
Ash, I love your view. I couldn't agree more.
also, Kristin, I take that potty training comment personally! It is very near and dear to my heart. lol.
Post a Comment