How did I go from not posting for 2 weeks to writing for 4 days straight?! Politics, I guess - it does crazy things to me. :)
I took this picture back in August. It's of Gavin with his best friend, Nicholas, and I took it right after Nicholas came home from a 2-1/2 month vacation. They were very excited to see each other, to say the least.
And I tag Kristin (cuz I know you need an excuse to blog today!), Shelly Sommerfeldt (so we can keep you busy in your new surroundings), Kelsey Palmer (cuz you haven't posted in a while), and Megan Swenson (cuz you're an awesome, normal English major!).
Now here's Kristin tag. I've done some tags similar to this before, so I'll try to not repeat myself! Here's 7 quirks/odd facts about myself:
#1: I am a control freak - not with everything, but with a lot of things. For instance, the only jobs I will let Greg do around the house are vacuum and mop. Everything else he doesn't do "my way," so I do them all, even if it keeps me up until all hours of the night. I know, I'm crazy.
#2: Ever since I've had kids, I've had a very acute sense of smell. It's bizarre. I am always smelling things that Greg can't smell, and it drives him crazy. My most common quirk is smelling smoke. I smell it all the time and start freaking out that our house is burning down! :) I think Greg wants to put me in the loony bin...
#3: I worry about literally everything on the planet. Ever heard the phrase, "worrying yourself sick"? I do it ALL the time. Almost every night, I am up late worrying and sick to my stomach. Again, bizarre. I've stayed up late worrying about things ranging from the economy to squeaky noises in our van! Ha ha, yes, it's true. I've stayed up worrying about noises in our car. Hmmm, maybe I do need to be put in the loony bin!
#4: I am a salt-a-holic. I LOVE salt on just about everything (even grapefruit, which everybody seems to find so bizarre). It's a miracle I'm not a walking water balloon.
#5: I hate scrapbooking (and I know what you're thinking - WHAT?! How can she be LDS and NOT scrapbook?!). :) I've just always thought it costs way too much money and requires a whole lot more creativity (and time) than I will ever have. But please don't be offended if you scrapbook, because I really enjoy looking at other people's. It's just not for me, I guess. Thank heavens for blogging!
#6: I know I've said before that I wish I hadn't gotten my degree in English because again, I just didn't feel like it was for me. Or maybe I just didn't feel like I fit in with the majority of people in my classes (besides my fabulous friends Megan, Courtney, and Melany - thanks for being normal! Ha ha...). Well as of two months ago, I've officially decided what I should have gotten my degree in - political science. Not that I think I'm the smartest person in the world when it comes to politics (in fact, history was my worst subject in school), but just because it's something I'm passionate about. I'm not passionate about English like I am with politics. If only I could rewind a few years... :)
#7: Well, I'm out of new and exciting quirks to write about, so I'm going back to one that I'm sure you all know by now. I am a Fox News addict! And Bill O'Reilly is my hero! Really. I love actually hearing two sides of the story, instead of just one (like on all other major news networks now). I actually find it quite funny when people talk about how biased Fox news is because numerous independent studies have proven them to be the most FAIR in the news network. The most recent study said that during the election, Fox did 40% negative stories on Obama and 40% negative on McCain, while MSNBC did 13% negative on Obama and 73% negative on McCain. Hmmm, interesting... :)
Well that's that... and I tag all my totally awesome friends from my freshman year at USU! Yep, that would be Kyla, Lara, Emily, Cassi, Sara, Annie, Stephanie, and Brynn. Enjoy!
And one last thing before I end this incredibly long post. Gavin said the funniest thing today that I just had to share with all of you. I was getting him dressed for school when we had the following conversation:
Gavin: Mommy, I know who you're friends are.
Me: Really, who are they?
Gavin: You like McCain.
Me: Ha ha, yep, I like McCain.
Gavin: And you don't like Brock Obana.
Wow, I forget how much my 3-year-old remembers. :) Maybe it's time I watch what I say around him.
Well, there you have it - my fourth post in 4 days. Crazy? Maybe. And yet maybe I'll go another 2 weeks without writing. I guess we'll see! -Ash
5 comments:
I also think you should have gotten your degree in PS. You would have aced every one.
I took a few classes and loved them!
Thanks for the tag...I'll do it for you.
Hey do you have sara's blog? I haven't seen her for years! Tell her I want to be invited, if she wants me to be.
Hey, I just caught up on a lot of you recent posts. One...Boston Butt is actually quite good.
Politically I feel much the same way. I have felt very disappointed the past few days, esp factoring all of the Prop 8 protests/rioting, etc. And, I was very frustrated my very own husband voted for Obama. Sad when your best ally is so misinformed! PS--It is never too late to get back to school! I would enjoy your political commentary
I didn't really want to graduate in English either. I wanted to be a pastry chef, but they cut that program. Oh well, I learned a lot and I have helped Dan a lot with his Medical School applications. It does come in handy and I met some normal people too!! :) Why are English majors weird. Don't worry about voicing your opinion. I have been told a lot by people that if they want to know the truth, then they ask me. I would much rather be that way than the other. So great job!!
Ummm... a lot of our quirks are the same. I think the only one that is different is the staying up at night worrying about stuff. For me, an hydrogen bomb could go off right outside my bedroom window & I'd probably sleep through it. Once my head hits the pillow, I'm out cold. And, btw, people that DON'T eat salt on their grapefruits are the weird ones.
I can't remember if I already commented on this and it just hasn't been moderated yet... Haha, wow, am I getting really old or something?! But that conversation with Gavie is HILARIOUS! funny kid...
Post a Comment