Thought #1: Is anybody else ready for this election to just be over?! I'm getting so tired of hearing the same old, same old from the candidates, hearing campaign ads everytime I turn on the TV (oh, and don't forget "infomercials"!) and the polls never changing (despite the fact that there are interesting twists and turns every week related to the campaign). I'm especially tired of hearing the phrase, "We can't afford four more years of the same failed policies!" and the ever-popular words "Change" and "Bill Ayers." While I'm not ready for Obama to win (which I'm predicting will happen - heaven help us, and I mean that literally), I'm just so tired of all this campaigning and partisan bitterness. It will be nice to have life finally get back to being "somewhat normal" in 6 days...
Thought #2: However, since the election isn't completely over yet, I found this creative experiment on Obama's tax plan to be quite interesting. It was performed by a citizen and reported in the Eagle Tribune...
"Today on my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy with a sign that read 'Vote Obama, I need the money.' I laughed. Once in the restaurant my server had on an 'Obama 08' button , again I laughed--just imagine the coincidence. When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone who I deemed more in need--the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight. I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy was grateful. At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that I gave away the money he did earn even though the actual recipient needed the money more. I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in practical application."
Hmmm... Some food for thought. And speaking of food....
Thought #3:
Boston Butt Roast. Mmmm... sounds appetizing! Either our food "lingo" is slowly going downhill with the rest of our language (didn't the proper word for this used to be "rump"?), or Kent's Market is trying to keep people from eating it.
Thought #4: Why is pumpkin carving always portrayed as a family affair when really the parents do all the work? I hardly trust myself with a knife, let alone my young kids, so why would I let them anywhere near this event? And yet, every year we venture into this "family tradition", trying to get the kids involved, only to find that Greg cleans and carves the pumpkins, I clean and bake the pumpkin seeds, and the boys end up in a completely different room playing with toys. Some "family tradition..." :)
Gavin and Ty with "their" pumpkins. Right...
Not bad, eh?
Well, there you have it - my first installment of "deep thoughts." Okay, okay, so maybe they weren't that deep, but give me some credit for even writing after 2 weeks! :) -Ash
8 comments:
Ha ha I liked the butt roast, you should try it! Fun post Sosh! You need to do my tag now!!
I can't wait to tell Reggie about your waiter/homeless man act. I love it. If people only realized what they are voting for!!!
You are so funny. I love butt roast, haha.
I love the way you explain things.
The pumpkins are as cute as the boys. Love Poppy
Sosha I had heard about the waiter/homeless man story and have been telling everybody about it! Isn't it so ironic?
Love the deep thoughts! To answer your question from the comment on my post, yes I do take him to Pediatric Care of Ogden. His doctor is Baranco. I thought I really liked her but some things she is weird about like I decided to spread his vaccinations out instead of getting them all on one day and she gave me this huge lecture about it. It's not like I am not getting him immunized I just spread it out instead of bombarding his little system all on one day. I thought waiting on solids was weird too. I ended up calling my cousin who is in her pediatric rotation in medschool and she said it is totally fine to feed them solids at 4 months so I am going for it.
It's so refreshing to read a posting about politics that I totally agree with!
Excellent thoughts. I liked the story about the waiter and the homeless guy. Why can't John McCain verbalize it so well? If he could, he'd be winning because people would see what Obama is all about.
And...you said "butt roast"...haha!
Post a Comment