Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Stockings Were Hung by the... Banister with Care?

Well, I FINALLY finished putting up my Christmas decorations just a few days ago, after a week of working on it. Usually, I put them up the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I don't know why... I just can't wait until after Thanksgiving! But this year, I don't know what the deal has been. I just haven't been totally into the Christmas spirit like in the past. Maybe it is because I not only have Christmas, our anniversary, and Greg's work Christmas party next month, but also because I have both of my boys' birthdays on top of it! The madness of December will never end, I'm afraid... Well anyway, I was quite proud of myself for finishing it, so here's the final product...


A view of our living room, where basically all of our Christmas decorations are! :) I know, we are lame...


Our not-so-fabulous Christmas Tree. (We bought it two years ago, and I love the look of it and the fact that it's pre-lit... I just don't love the way we decorate it. We just have random little ornaments we have collected over the years, but I wish it had more ribbons and balls and stuff. Ha ha! Maybe next year...) And sorry the picture is blurry... I was using that crazy twilight setting again.

The piano. I like to decorate this with Santas.


This picture explains my title. We don't have a fireplace and mantle, let alone a shelf to hang our stockings from! So I guess the banister will have to do for now... :)

The outside lights. We're pretty boring at our house with just white lights, but I just like how classy they are... Good job, Greg!

3 comments:

Kyla Stevens said...

Decorations look great! I love the lights on your outside.
I've been avoiding putting our decorations up because I'm just not in the Christmas spirit yet. But your blog has inspired me now.. I think I'll make Dan help me tonight. :)

Tara said...

Your house looks beautiful. I love white lights for the same reason.

brooklin said...

Hey Ashlee-- long time no see! I can't believe you remember me! Thanks for your comment on my blog... it's always fun to hear from friends from school. It looks like you have a beautiful family...and a pretty great house too. Hope your holidays are fun!