Well, for those of you who check my sister's blog, you probably know by now that Kristin (my baby sister) is engaged! We are all so excited for her, and it turned out so cute! But for those of you who don't know the story, here's the shortened version...
After Dan (Kristin's now fiancee) went to order her ring, he came back to my parents' house asking for ideas on how to propose. He knows how close we are as a family, so he thought it would be really nice to do something that we could all be there for. Well, my dad had the fabulous idea of doing it on live TV one time when Lindsay was working! (Lindsay is my older sister and she works at KUTV as a meteorologist.) The only tricky part is that Linz typically only works weekend mornings, and who wants to propose at 7:00 in the morning without it looking suspicious?! Fortunately, we found out that she was filling in for Sterling Poulson this past Saturday night , so Dan planned it for that night.
So here was the plan, and fortunately, it went off better than planned... Dan took Kristin to Melting Pot in downtown Salt Lake at 7:00 that night, where Lindsay tried to call Kristin with some lame excuse of why they needed to come visit her at work. Kristin didn't answer, but fortunately, she texted her back, and when Kristin found out that Linz was at work, she actually asked if they could come visit. Perfect! So they headed over, and after getting a very LONG tour from Lindsay, it was finally 9:55 so Linz asked if they wanted to stay for the 10:00 show. Of course, Dan wanted to but we were worried Kristin wouldn't want to. Fortunately, she did! So they stayed and watched the whole thing, and at the end of the show, the entire crew went outside for one last live shot, and here's how it all went down:
Anyway, It was SO cute! My mom, dad, and I were all waiting behind the bushes to go out and congratulate her, and she was SO happy and surprised (which is hard to do with her). So congrats you two and we can't wait until May! Until next time. -Ash
5 comments:
I need your address so I can send you a Christmas card. Send it to my email troycbuilt@yahoo.com. Thanks!
That was so cute! I was so excited when I watched the link on your blog. It makes it even better that you were all there too. So funny that you were waiting in the bushes.
I actually watched Lindsay's forecast that night, I should have waited until after the commercial break!!
Tell Kristin congratulations.
I think Kristin will always remember those two minutes! Nice Blog, Sosh! Love Poppy
That is so exciting for her!! Tell her that I said congrats. Can you believe that our baby sisters are old enough to get married?!?
oh i am just so famous :) haha cute blog! i just barely read it... life has been hectic for more than 1 reason this week, right? getting engaged...finals...work... i think i have a good excuse for being a blog-slacker! :)
Post a Comment