Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Favorite Things...

Last week, my sister Lindsay posted a blog of her "Favorite Things" (like Oprah's Favorite Things), and I loved it! So I decided to copy her. :) I know, I know, I'm not creative enough to come up with these ideas on my own, but I did have her permission... The only difference is that I didn't discover all of these things in 2007. They go back to about 2 years ago, but I still think they are the greatest! :) So here they are, in no particular order...


#1 - Directv's DVR. Honestly, I don't know how I ever lived without this! It is so nice that it will record anything you want, anytime you want. And now, I never have to miss an episode of Bill O'Reilly! It's great!


#2 - Swivel Sweeper. Don't worry, I didn't buy this off an infomercial! Greg actually needed one for his store, and they only come in sets of 2, so he gave the other one to me and I love it! It is so much easier than sweeping, which I have to do after every meal since my boys make such a mess. It also works really well on carpet too (not to vacuum a whole room, but for small messes like crackers and cereal). And probably the best part about it is that Gavin loves to use it! So it has become one of his chores. :)

#3 - Artisan Kitchen Aid Mixer. My mom gave both Lindsay and I one of these for Christmas two years ago, and I absolutely love it. (And yes, it is red too!) It is so great for cookies, and I realized just lately how handy it is for mashed potatoes and whipping cream! Seriously, this should be a staple in everyone's house, even if you hardly cook like me. Plus, when you're not using it, it becomes a cute decoration on your countertop! ;)

#4 - Twilight Series. I figure I don't need to say much about these, since I wrote an entire blog about them, but just know they are AWESOME books. And if you haven't read them, you need to!

#5 - Cocoa Latte. Kristin gave this to Greg and I for Christmas last year and we absolutely love it! You put your cocoa mix and water/milk in, push the button, and it mixes it and heats it for you. It even froths your cocoa when you fill your cup! It's so fun, especially for this time of year, and we use it like crazy. Plus, it makes a great Christmas gift!

#6 - Satellite Radio. We subscribed to Sirius back in February and also got XM when we subscribed to Directv in May, and seriously, I don't know how I listened to regular radio before! Satellite is great because not only are there no commercials, there are also very few dead spots. (The only ones we have discovered so far are under overpasses.) However, now that we have tried both Sirius and XM, I have to say that I like XM MUCH more than Sirius. Their channel variety is much better! So just keep that in mind if you are thinking about subscribing to satellite.


#7 - Lysol Toilet Bowl Power Cleaner. Ha ha, yes! This really is one of my favorite things! The toilets in our house are really cheap and get dirty really easily. Well, I thought I had tried every possible thing on these toilets (including the regular Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner) and that they were just never going to be clean, but then I found this! I put the cleaner in my toilets and let it sit for ten minutes, and they all cleaned up SPOTLESS (including the one in our basement, for those of you who ever saw how horrible the ring around it was...). So I am hooked now, and thrilled I don't have to buy new toilets (which I was honestly considering for the future because it bugged me so bad that my toilets never looked clean when they really were!).



Well, there they are. I'm sure there are plenty of others that I can't think of right now, but maybe that's a good thing so I will stop rambling. :) Until next time! -Ash

5 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

I totally agree with you about XM. In fact, I don't know why I didn't put that on MY favorite list! Oh well. I'll have to try your little sweeper thing. My floor is always a mess because I HATE to sweep!

Anonymous said...

I wonder what Gavin's favorite things are? Maybe that an idea for a future blog! Love Poppy

Anonymous said...

Yes... the frothy magical goodness of the cocoa latte will change your life forever!

Huntsmans said...

I want to get my wife a kitchen-aid... we have used them before and they are almost a staple in the kitchen now-a-days! lucky duck..

Huntsmans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.