Two weekends ago, I was out shopping with Lindsay and my mom at Costco, and we came across the Twilight series books. Linz said she had been reading Twilight for the past couple of months and that it was really good, so my mom bought it to read but gave it to me, saying she wouldn't have time to read it for a while. Well, I've been trying to read a Harry Potter book since August and have only made it to page 50, along with Ann Coulter's If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans, and once again, I am only at about page 50 (but that's mostly because I just don't really like her...). So I thought there was absolutely NO way I'd have this book read anytime soon. But I took it home anyway, curious to see what it was about since I've heard so much hype about it (I figured it had to be good since my best friend Kyla read all three books in 6 days!).
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
I Knew I Liked to Read, But Not This Much!
So, I started it last Monday and after about 100 pages, I figured out why these books are so popular! The story line is so different than anything else I've ever read, and the author seriously has a way of making you feel like you are right there in the thick of it. Seriously, I couldn't put it down. I had Twilight finished by Wednesday afternoon and started the second book New Moon that night. (Which was irritating to Greg since I was reading during an intense Jazz game! I never do that, which shows how good these books are!) Well, that book was seriously depressing to me so I was trying to get through it as fast as I could, to get to the third. But it was still really good! Just very different from Twilight. Well, as of Friday afternoon, I was done with New Moon, I started Eclipse on Saturday, and I finished that yesterday. Yes, it wasn't 6 days like Kyla - I must be a slow reader - but still, 1700 pages in 8 days is absolutely unheard of in my life! I would read seriously any second I had. I even tweeked my boys' schedule a bit so their afternoon naps were at the exact same time, which gave me 2 hours of complete silence for reading. I did laundry days later than normal, and didn't clean the house at all (until Friday, when I cleaned it in a mad rush because our friends Nate and Mallory were coming over!). Honestly, these books are now officially at the top of my favorites list (which is pretty long...).
So, word to the wise, if you have not read these books yet, you need to! And when you do, expect your house to be dirty, your kids to be a little neglected, and your husband complaining! Hey, a week won't kill them! :) (As for you Dad, probably the most avid reader I know, these books are not for you. Sorry. :) They are way too cheesy for guys, and you will only make fun of us for reading them!) Until next time! -Ash
Posted by
The Swensons
at
3:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I guess I will have to read these books just so I can tease my daughters. I do know what its like to not be able put a book down...and your mom hates it! Good job on 1700 pages in 8 days. Love Poppy (Dad)
I will have to get off my butt so that we can talk about them. (I am still in the same place I was a few days ago when I talked to you on the phone!) I know...I'm a TOTAL slacker!
Yeah! I'm glad we can talk about the books now. We'll have a party when the fourth one comes out;) You are not a slow reader, I am up every night with adrienne so I could put in a few extra hours at 3am to 5am that explains the difference in days.
Post a Comment