Tuesday, November 6, 2007

My Baby is Growing Up...

It's amazing how much faster time goes with your second baby than it does with your first. Of course, time flew by with Gavin but it's felt so much faster with Ty! I really can't believe he's almost 11 months, and I am getting so bummed about it. I don't know why I can't accept that he is not my little baby anymore, but instead he's becoming a little boy! This has really become evident the past few weeks as he's changed a lot...


About a month ago, he started crawling and is loving every second of it. He is all over the house, which is incredibly tricky since we have four separate sets of stairs and only one gate! They just don't work really well in our house, so I am trying to teach him about stairs early and hopefully we won't have any falls.

Which leads me to the second thing he has learned... how to climb up stairs! I don't know why this has taken me so off guard... probably because Gavin didn't learn how to go up stairs until we moved into this house and he was 18-months. So to see a little 11-month do it has been a bit disconcerting to me!

Now, he's not walking yet, but I am fully expecting that within the next month. My parents were here visiting a couple weeks ago, and my dad was holding Ty's hands and helping him walk. And ever since then, that's about all he's wanted to do. If you are holding him and try to put him down on the ground, he straightens out his legs and refuses to sit because he wants to walk! This has also led to him figuring out how to hold onto something and pull himself up to a standing position on his own, which has been nice for me but not so nice for Gavin since Ty now likes to play at his train table (see picture).

Honestly, I really don't know why this has been such a struggle for me. I should be glad that my baby is growing up and learning how to do things on his own! I guess it's just hard for me to watch for a few reasons: #1 - It means I really have to baby-proof my house now, which I hate the sound of! :) #2 - I can't just hold him and snuggle with him anymore, which is a major downer. I loved rocking him when he was younger, and I miss that so much. #3 - He could care less about Mom now! The only times he wants me is if his crawling path is blocked by some obstacle or Gavin is bugging him. But oh well, I guess all babies have to grow up eventually... just give me a couple years and maybe I'll be over it! :) Until next time! -Ash

5 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

#4--It means it's time to have another baby!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I remember having the same feelings when my number 2 daughter started crawling all over the place. But it could be worse. Ty could have been like your sister Kristin who was walking at 10 months. Now that too much mobility too soon! Love Poppy

Anonymous said...

don't listen to stuage, she is a baby machine. and my baby is so cute!! i love the pictures!

Kyla Stevens said...

I can understand your feelings. I was so sad the other day when Adrienne sat up the other day by herself (she was on an incline). Time flies with the second baby.

Tara said...

I agree with Lindsay, it must be time for another one.