First, let me apologize for slacking off and not posting as often as I normally do (that apology is mainly aimed towards you, Dad, my most faithful blog-reader)! Life is just abnormally busy right now and I can never find time to sit down and write. Even now, I am thinking of a gazillion other things I could (and should) be doing right now, but oh well! I'm afraid if I don't sit down and write about our past Saturday now, it will never happen, so here goes...

We started out by waking up bright and early (I know, what were we thinking?!) to go to our city parade. Even though this is the third summer we have lived here, we have actually never gone to the parade, probably because Greg worked Saturdays then and I wasn't daring enough to take the kids by myself. So we decided to go this year and I have to admit, it ranked even lower on my list than the Rupert, ID parade. It was really quite interesting! It lasted an hour and a half, and there were a whole three floats in the whole thing. Every other entry was just cars and trucks driving by. Yes! They should have just left the road open and let us watch traffic - it would have felt like the same thing! Not that I'm bitter I woke up early for it or anything... :) But ultimately, the kids loved it, so I guess that's what counts! And we really did have a good time in the end because we sat by some fun neighbors and just had a good time talking with them. So I really shouldn't be complaining too much...

Then, that afternoon, Greg played in a regional church softball tournament out in West Point and I decided to go with the kids. They started at 3:00 in the afternoon and didn't end until 9:00 that night - all in 100 degree heat! Sounds pretty miserable, huh? But honestly, we all had SUCH a good time! Our ward softball team is incredible this year (in fact, the other players claim Greg is their "star" but Greg would argue against that, of course). They were undefeated the entire season and tournament, so they went on to the championship game. Unfortunately, at that point, they were all so exhausted that they lost by a couple runs. But it was seriously so much fun just having our kids running around entertaining each other all day, and making friends with the other wives there. I left feeling like I doubled my friend count! :) Awesome...
After the game, most of the players and their families went to watch the city fireworks, but our kids had had it, so we decided to head home and just watch them out Gavin's window. We seriously had the best view from there - I don't think we missed one firework! Plus, we were sitting on a nice, comfy bed. Sounds a whole lot better than the hard, cold ground! :) Overall though, it was such a fun day. I loved watching Greg play softball with this team - they are incredible and are thinking about putting together a city league next summer which should be a lot of fun! I can't wait! -Ash
Waiting for the parade - we were at the very end of the route, so we had to wait for quite a while!

Another parade face. At least this one is better than the one on the 4th!

Tyler's favorite (and extremely unsanitary) toy at the baseball fields.

And Gavin's favorite play spot - a patch of dirt under a tree. Ahh, boys... I'll never understand them!

The wives camped out... for 6 long hours!
6 comments:
I'm exhausted just reading about your weekend! Looks like a lot of fun! I'm starting to get cabin fever BIG TIME!
That picture of Ty at the parade on the chair makes him look like 5 years old! it seriously does... It's like seeing into the future! He looks so cute in it though... As always! Looks like an exciting time to live in the city of Roy!! :)
Thanks for the new blog, Sosh! Wow, a parade, softball tournament and fireworks in all in one day. Hopefully Gavin and Ty will be ball players...so you can spend plenty of Saturdays at baseball games (sitting in the shade). Love Poppy
I love West Point...that's where I taught jr. high. It looks like you had a wonderful day and I'm jealous of the softball...I miss being able to play this year! :)
Wow, that's a really long time to be watching softball games! How fun that you could be there to support Greg!! I can't say I have actually ever been to Roy days, but after your promotion of them, I don't think I will be going anytime soon. ;)
But it sounds like you had fun, so that's what counts! :)
That looks like a fun time. But you are quite the trooper to watch baseball for six hours!
Post a Comment