Friday, August 22, 2008

A Good Ending to the Summer

I can't believe summer is almost over! Even though I love fall and am excited for some cooler temperatures, I am totally disappointed because we really have had such a fun summer. But it had to end sometime, right? So we decided to live it up (as much as parents of young kids can!) this week. On Wednesday night, we headed back to Lagoon again with our friends the Jorgensens to use our Bounceback passes. Of course, Gavin was in seventh heaven and had such a great time going on just about every ride he could get on, while Ty and I watched since he was still terrified! :) The wives even let the husbands off the hook for a while and sent them on some "big boy" rides. Greg said that Wicked was "totally wicked" - pretty original response, eh? :)


Then, last night we headed down to a Bee's baseball game in Salt Lake. My dad called me about a month ago and invited us to go with him and my mom because he had been hooked up with some awesome tickets (that included dinner) from work. We knew we couldn't turn it down - a fun night totally free? Sounds good to me! Funny enough though, a couple weeks later my dad was hooked up again with something even better from work - an Alaskan fishing trip! (Yeah, he's spoiled... I know.) Unfortunately, it was planned for this week, but we still didn't let it spoil our fun. My mom - being the best mom ever - still offered to take us and we had a great time!


I don't have any pictures of the catered dinner because ironically enough (or should I say "appropriately enough"), I was shooing bees the whole time! :) But it really was quite good. After that, we took the boys over to the playground they have within the field and seriously, whoever came up with that idea was a genious. The boys loved it! In fact, it wore them out enough that when it came time for the game to start, they were actually tired enough to sit for a little bit and watch it (although Gavin was quite disappointed that Daddy wasn't playing - I guess he doesn't understand the difference between a young, professional minor leagues baseball player and an out-of-shape 30-year-old Church softball player!). :)


Greg really enjoyed the game and I enjoyed what I saw of it, but of course, the boys weren't super interested the whole time, so my mom and I did our best to entertain them (i.e. investing in some souvenir balls and treats, taking them on the little kids train, and meeting "Bumble Bee"), which definitely helped! And believe it or not, we actually made it through 5 innings! We had such a great time, so thank you Dad for the tickets (feel free to hook us up when Jazz season comes around!), and Mom for being the greatest sport ever and still taking us along! Now... what to do with the rest of the weekend?! -Ash


Ty on the slide. I couldn't believe the way he was climbing onto everything - he is getting so big!

Gavin with his best bud Nana.

Nana playing with Ty - one of the many attempts to keep him entertained!

Two silly boys with their outrageously expensive souvenir baseballs! :)

4 comments:

Marky said...

Looks like you guys had a great time, what a good way to end the summer!! I can't believe its almost over either, goes by way to fast!

Kristin said...

Looks like fun, stu!! My baby looks so cute and big... And nana looks way cute too in her purple shirt too. Looks like you had a good time!

Emily said...

Perfect way to end the summer - watching a baseball game! Isn't it crazy how fast it's gone by and now for another semester of school, ugh!

Does Gavin start preschool this week or next? I bet he's way excited!

Anonymous said...

After spending over 45 hours fishing for Salmon and Halibut in butt-cold Gulf of Alaska, I think I would have preferred the Bees Game. I'm sure Greg would have traded me. Glad you all had fun. Love Poppy