This is the first summer since we got married that we have not gone on a vacation, and it's definitely been a sore spot for me! I have been going so stir-crazy in the house! So when our stake put on a Lagoon Day last Thursday, I jumped at the chance to just get out of the house and do something fun - a little 'stay'cation, if you will. :) Of course, Greg didn't exactly have the same feelings since he hates amusement parks, but he was still a good sport and came along. We met up with our friends the Jorgensens from our ward and had a great time!

I knew from the get go that Gavin would love it all, and I was right. He loved every ride (especially Dinosaur Drop which he is on in that pic), which still shocks me because he is our cautious child. Tyler, on the other hand, is our totally adventurous and daring child, but funny enough, you would never have thought that on Thursday. Even the train and the merry-go-round terrified him! Of course, we probably didn't help things much by taking him on Puff for his first ride. He was literally hyperventilating in my arms the whole ride. I felt so bad for taking him on it, so I didn't force him to go on anything more after that (except the train, because I knew in the end he would like it, and he did - the second time at least!). Overall, it was a fun day. Gavin had such a great time, it was so fun to see his reaction to everything. It also made me realize that I just need to buy season passes next year. We live close enough and if you go two times, they are paid for, so we might as well! -Ash
Gavin on his second favorite ride - the airplanes.
When we took Gavin to this ride, he wanted to be on Dumbo so bad. Lovely... :)
Tyler with his new favorite drink - an Icee. It even taught him the dreaded m-word. Do I dare say it? "Mine." Ahhh! I HATE that word! :)
Gavin and Preslee Jorgensen on the cars. It's a good thing we went with our friends or Gavin would have had nobody to go on the rides with him (since Ty had such a rough time)!
6 comments:
i love amusement parks. we should buy season passes together! i'm glad you guys had such a great day.
Looks like fun! And excuse me, why was coming up to Logey to visit your favorite sister not part of your little vacation blog?! Psh!!
PS I'm still shocked you still haven't written a blog about Breaking Dawn!
I think Ty really wanted to go on the adult rides, instead of the kiddie rides. Gavin is a stud! Fun 'stay'cation. Love Poppy
Cute pics! And, if I were you, I would buy season passes next year. I love lagoon!
I'm glad you had fun staying close to home...I am so sad the economy is so lame right now--it is ruining everything!
Season passes are great! It makes for a great date or just a fun night, and you do not feel like you have to spend the entire day there. Cute pics!
Post a Comment