Monday, August 18, 2008

We Need A What?!

Just a week ago, we were all driving in the car when out of the blue Gavin says to me, "Mommy, we need to have a baby in our family." I turned to him with what I assume to be a horrified look on my face and asked, "Why?" He said, "I just want a baby in our family like Connor and Aiden." The only reply I could get out at that time was, "Well, one day..." and fortunately, the conversation ended at that. The last thing I wanted to hear from my child's very inquisitive mind at that point was the dreaded "Where do babies come from?" question, or "Why?". :)


Well, last night we decided to head down to my parents' house for dinner and we got to see little Cohen for the second time. While seeing him still didn't make me baby hungry, it reminded me just how much I love babies! There's nothing better than holding a tiny little newborn (and trust me, he's still tiny - he hasn't even broken 6 pounds yet!). Interestingly enough though, seeing Cohen also proved to me why Gavin wants a baby in our family right now. He seriously took such a liking to Cohen last night, I could hardly believe it. Everytime Greg or I would hold Cohen, Gavin would run over and pat his head, hold his hands, or talk to him. He would keep saying how cute he was and want to hold him. I just loved watching him adore his little baby cousin - it was the cutest thing ever. And while I still don't feel like it's time to have another baby, I'm glad to know that when that time comes, Gavin will be thrilled and love that baby to pieces. (Ty, however, is still a complete other story since everytime I held Cohen last night, he would start crying and beg me to pick him up. So it's probably a good thing for my sanity that baby #3 is a long ways off...) :) -Ash

6 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Haha! You SOOOOOOOOOOOO just jinxed yourself...mistake baby here you come!!! Just kidding!

Anonymous said...

Ty already has "middle child" syndrome! Gavin's gonna be a great dad some day. Sosh, call us when you have an announcement to make. Love Poppy

Emily said...

I'm with ya Ash - leave the baby bearing to other people for now - I'll just hold them and give them back - two is enough!

Marky said...

That is so sweet!!

brynn eyre said...

Thanks for the advice on my blog and really if you have any other advice don't worry about being overbearing I need all the advice I can get! Your boys are so cute by the way! Keep the advice coming.

Sherwoods said...

I'm going to laugh REALLY hard when you all the sudden find yourself pregnant. Don't tempt the fates!