Monday, August 25, 2008

One Totally Awesome Day...

I've had some pretty awesome days in my lifetime - my wedding day, the days my kids were born, graduating from college, and Gavin finally getting potty trained. :) They've all been awesome. And today, I have to admit, I think I'm having another one of those totally awesome days. Why, you might ask? Because my husband officially started his last semester of college today. Laugh at me if you want, but this is seriously one of the greatest days of my life. It all goes back to about 5 years ago....

I recall having this exact same conversation with Greg countless times:

Me: So, do you think you will ever finish school?

Greg: School is stupid. Just because you have a degree doesn't mean you are smart. I already have a good job and am making good money, so I don't see why I need a degree.

Me: Well, what if something happens with your job and you need to find another one, and they pick another candidate over you that already has a degree?

Greg: I will work two jobs if I have to to support us. School is just stupid.

Seriously, I can't even count the number of times I heard the phrase "School is stupid" come out of Greg's mouth. :) I eventually stopped bugging him about it and just put my faith in him because I knew what a hard worker he was and that he would always support us, but it was still a hard thing for me. So you would imagine my surprise when almost 2 years ago, he came to me and said he really felt like he needed to finish school. I was floored - I just never expected those words to come out of his mouth! And sure enough, he followed through with his word and now, I just can't believe he's almost done. Sure, I've still heard the phrase "school is stupid" come out of his mouth countless times since he has gone back, but at least he's working through it! He's even gotten all A's and 2 B's since he went back, so I am super proud of him, and just really can't believe this day is here! December 12th will top this by far (graduation), but for now, I'm just thrilled about today! :) -Ash

6 comments:

Rachel Seren said...

Congrats! I remember being there, it is such a great feeling. Josh's job pays 100% for pheonix online. So he will be going back and getting his masters degree in a few months it should only take about a year and a half. We've been out of the school thing for so long I hope he doesn't stretch himself too thin. I am glad you had another amazing day!

Tara said...

I wish I was the one writing this blog. Ha ha. Someday! My husband whom I love to death hasn't decided what he wants to be when he grows up. Keep in mind that he turns 31 tomorrow.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Yay! I'm glad he's almost done!

Anonymous said...

Just think in three months, I can see what Greg looks like, because whenever I see him he has his nose in his laptop doing homework. Love Poppy

p.s. School is Stupid!

Sherwoods said...

Yay! Wish him good luck. I loved the feeling that we were done with school. It was awesome. I can't wait to read your post on dec. 12th!

Reagan Family said...

Hooray! Nothing beats the feeling of being almost done, except of course being done! Congrats to you both! Glad to here life is going well.