Summer nights are my favorite! I LOVE them! I don't know what's been different about this summer (because we haven't always done this), but practically every night for the past month, we have taken the kids outside and just spent the night in the yard. Usually, Greg and I work in the yard or visit with neighbors, and the kids just play. It has just been a lot of fun. So here are a bunch of random pics from one of "those su-uh-mer nights!" (Remember that song from Grease? Ha ha! Yes, I know I'm a bit weird...) And in case you are wondering, the kids are in their swimsuits because they were running through the sprinklers earlier - yet another very common ritual at night!
Ty "washing his hands" in the water spraying out of our hose.
Gavin on his bike. He has become quite the little pro on it since we started going outside so much.
Mmmm... Yummy secondary water!
The best place to eat fudgesicles - outside and near a hose!
Greg's attempt to combine "quality family time" with dreaded homework. Only 5 months left!
The only downer - a nasty black widow that came scrambling out of its "home" when Greg was spraying ants. It took close to a minute of spraying it for it to actually die! Ew... and it was so big too!
10 comments:
And these summer nights have been awesome. I think that the temp. has been just right. And boy, does that look familiar, what Greg is doing.
Cute pics of the kids.
Too bad you don't live closer to the mountains so that you can play "Cars on the Mountain" at night! Concerning Black Widow Spiders...welcome to Utah! Love Poppy
Looks like fun! I love summer nights too! My favorite is just to sit on the porch & people watch. People are always on walks or driving through & it's just fun to watch all of them.
ASH! I haven't seen you since my wedding which was ages ago...how are you? Its so good to see what is happening to everyone at USU, I totally love the blogging thing so I can re-connect with all my old friends. I put you on my friends list hope you don't mind! Em told me you had a couple kids and they our way darn cute! well I hope you check out my blog I would love to hear from you.
Cute pictures!! I like the one of Ty drinking the water out of the sprinkler... Haha, if anything is somewhat edible or drinkable, that kid will find it and put it in his mouth!
Your boys are so cute. I can't believe how big Gavin is getting. I hear ya on the combination of homework and family time; Steve tries to do that every night but it doesn't really work out that well : )
Okay...that spider is really really gross. I would have been freaking out! I am also jealous of your yard! I can't wait to move back to the states, buy a house, and have a backyard! Those don't exist in the housing we can afford in Mexico!
Your pictures are so cute!!! I love them!
I love how ty is washing his hands, at least he is attempting to be as clean as his sibling. lol
Your boys are handsome as always.
I REMEMBER THE BET AND I THINK I WON IT! HA! TIME TO PAY UP! WHERE TO GO WHERE TO GO! WHAT YOU MEAN YOU DIDN'T WANT TO SEE ME ANYMORE BECAUSE OF A BET. I'M HURT ASH! J/K
Post a Comment