I can now officially mark another scary "first" off of my parenthood list - taking Gavin to the dentist! I know all the "experts" have been saying lately that you should really get your child in to the dentist once they turn 1, but who are they kidding?! Isn't that just a disaster waiting to happen? So I, being an extremely cautious (and reasonable) person, decided to wait until Gavin was 3 to take him. Hey, I was 3 when I went for the first time, so I figured it wasn't the end of the world. And honestly, I'm so glad I did because he did so well! He thought the chair was awesome, and kept his mouth open the whole time. In fact, the dentist said he has "awesome" teeth and no cavities! Yay! (I have to admit, that diagnosis is always scary for a mom who is completely responsible for her child's teeth getting brushed and him taking his fluoride - which I'm not perfect at, I admit...) So I am thrilled, and just hope we can keep it up. He doesn't need to inherit Greg's or my teeth problems! -Ash
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Success!
Posted by
The Swensons
at
4:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Just keep your kids away from any drill-crazy (i.e. money-making)dentists! If the dentist sees anything "suspicious" and insists on drilling, run away! I think "prevention first" dentists are worth their weight in gold. Love Poppy
Oh I know what you mean I am going to wait to take andy too. I don't think the dentists can do much until they are older anyway.
Way to go Gavin!! Hope you can always enjoy the dentist, cause I certainly do not! :0)
Good job mommy! For people who are consciencious like you it is probably okay. You'd be surprised how many 1-2 year olds we see who have to have every tooth capped and filled (or pulled) in the OR under general anesthesia, so for most the 1 year recommendation is probably a good idea! It is better to get on top of potential problems before all of the teeth are there. Keep up the good work.
Yay for Gavin! What a big boy! It's interesting to take them and wait to see their reaction and it makes you so proud when they do a good job and you can walk out of there a happy mom. :)
Post a Comment