Saturday, July 26, 2008

Introducing Cohen Richard Storrs - My Cute New Nephew!

I find it quite ironic that in my last post, I said my sister Lindsay only had a month left to go until her third little boy would be born. Little did I know she would go into labor 4 hours after I wrote that! She was originally due on August 24th, but had the baby this morning, making him just over four weeks early! We were all a bit nervous when we heard she was in labor, and so was her doctor, so the NICU team was on hand when he was born. But thankfully everything went perfectly and he is healthy as can be, even though he's absolutely tiny! Cohen (isn't that such a cute name?!) was 19 inches long and 5 pounds, 7 ounces. We headed down to see him this afternoon and I seriously have never seen such a tiny baby outside of NICU (just check out the size of my dad's thumb in that picture compared to his head). He is SO cute and such a great little guy. So congrats, Mike and Linz! We are so excited for you guys and will come hold that little guy anytime you want! Even when he's screaming... :) -Ash



Once again, you can see how teeny tiny he is! And no, this didn't make me baby hungry. It just made me want to go visit Linz more! :)


Believe it or not, my husband is such a softy for newborns. I love it!


Gavin loved his new cousin. He kept patting his head and saying how cute he was. Then he tickled him, which was a big deal because ever since the day I told him Linz was pregnant, he's been saying he wanted to tickle "Baby Cohen" when he came out! :)


Tyler, on the other hand, was a little unsure about his new cousin. Anytime he would see me or Greg holding him, he would start crying and run away. It was great birth control for me because it made me realize what a hard time he will have when he's not the youngest anymore!

The proud grandparents who now have 5 grandsons, and 0 granddaughters! Maybe next time... Haha, right...

Aiden - the proud new big brother. I don't have a picture of Connor, but he was pretty thrilled too!

8 comments:

Chad and Stephanie said...

Congrats! He is way cute and I love the name Cohen. It is kinda scarey having your baby early. Kaleb was born at 35 weeks (5 weeks early), my water broke and I was really nervous about all the things that can go wrong especially since I work at a hospital. I didn't need to worry though he was a 6 pound baby with big lungs from the moment he was born. I hope everything is going okay with lindsay, I had a difficult time trying to get him to eat but they kept telling me that he would probably start being hungry around 37 weeks which he was.

Kyla Stevens said...

tell your sis : Congrats lindsay! that is so awesome. cute name, cute baby, cute aunts.

Anonymous said...

cute pics of another cute baby that will love his ta-ta! :)

and yes, another baby also means another screamer!

Marky said...

He is so sweet, I can't believe how tiny he is!!

Sherwoods said...

Congrats to your sister. I am laughing at the names Aiden and Cohen because I have nephews that are brothers named Kayden and Cohen. We are an all boy family too. Josh's parents have four sons and almost five grandsons.

Emily said...

Yay!! Congrats to Mike and Lindsey - how exciting! He is so cute!!

And no, it definitely doesn't make me baby hungry either ;)

Lindsay and Mike said...

Thanks Sosh! I think he's pretty cute...but--of course--I'm a little biased!

Anonymous said...

I loved Gavin's and Ty's reactions to their new cousin! Watch, Cohen may end up being the biggest Storrs yet! Love Poppy