Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Front Runner


Front Runner opened on Saturday and we decided that we might as well take advantage of the free days while we can, so we headed up there on Monday night for Family Night. Unfortunately, I think the whole rest of the world had the same idea, because every train was packed! Because of that, we decided to make it quick - head up to Ogden and come right back home - just to say we did it and satisfy the kids' obsession with these trains (since they run to the window anytime they hear their horns).

Well, on the way up there, we had the luck of having to stand holding both kids, about to fall over anytime the train sped up or slowed down! It was lovely. And to make matters worse, I couldn't see out a window so I started getting pretty sick. Fortunately, once we got up to Ogden, we were able to find a table to sit at. Unfortunately, at that point, my motion sickness was beyond horrible. It was only through a lot of pleading with the Lord that I made it back to Roy with my lunch still intact! :)

The kids had a blast though, and that's what counts (and when I say "kids," I'm including Greg!) They all thought it was pretty cool. Greg was making friends with everybody around us, and I think he's pretty excited to start riding it to work in a few weeks (when he starts his new job). After my not so pleasant experience, I can definitely say I am glad it will be him riding it everyday and not me! :) -Ash (P.S. Because of my motion sickness incident, I only got a few pictures and they're nothing special, so sorry there aren't any posted!)

5 comments:

~heidi said...

I completely understand the motion sickness thing - next try Amtrak for 21 hours, except you do not feel it until you are home and standing, or swaying, not sure which.

Rachel Seren said...

So what is this now? I haven't heard of a train being put into the area! Crazy how fast things change when you're gone!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Looks like fun! Sorry you got sick!

Megan said...

Hey, I didn't realize you were so close, I was thinking Ogden when you said Weber County. We are in Syracuse, I work in West Point, and I go to Roy frequently. We'll have to get together sometime!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the boys had fun! Love Poppy