Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Future Death of Me...

"Ashlee Swenson, age 24, died recently of unknown causes. However, authorities suspect that her young children were the cause of her death after sending her into frequent anxiety attacks with their mischievious ways."

This is what I suspect the beginning of my future obituary will look like. With two kids pulling crazy stunts everyday now, I'm convinced they will be the death of me. Here's the most recent stunt Gavin pulled that about sent me into cardiac arrest...

A few days ago, I was on the phone with Greg up in my room. Tyler was asleep at the time, and Gavin was down in the kitchen playing with his new obsession - Playdoh (and what a fun obsession it is, let me tell you... I keep finding dried up Playdoh all over the house). About ten minutes into our conversation, I heard the kitchen faucet turn on. I was completely surprised because Gavin has never gotten up to the sink by himself before, let alone turned it on. So I quickly ran downstairs only to find my "artistic" son holding my wedding ring by two fingers under the running faucet, trying to wash off the green Playdoh he had smushed into it. With my heart pounding, I ran and grabbed it out of his hands before one of my worst nightmares came true - seeing my wedding ring go down the drain.

In retrospect, I realize this was probably more my fault than Gavin's since I leave my wedding ring on the kitcher counter way too often, but seriously?! Sometimes I wonder how much more of these boys I can take before my heart stops beating and I just keel over. Unfortunately, I'm afraid the heart-attack inducing incidents won't stop anytime soon, especially considering the fact that my beloved husband set his parents' carpet on fire, as well as the garage when he was young... Oh joy! :) -Ash

7 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Haha! I'm busting up right now! Why?!? Why us??? Couldn't we have been given a couple of sweet little tea party-playing girls??? :)

Anonymous said...

Actually Gavin and Ty are pretty tame compared to their cousins...and your Sister Lindsay is still alive and kicking! (In fact, she loves her wild boys so much she's having another one.) Love Poppy

Kyla Stevens said...

for reals lindsay, my girls are anything but tea party playing girls. I bet they could give boys a run for their money.
So Ashlee, I hear you about the obituary! I too am finding playdoh all over the house and it is so annoying.
But that is so scary about your ring. Did you get it back?
That made me laugh about Greg lighting his parents carpet on fire. I had to read it twice to make sure that it wasn't a recent occurence. lol.

C and C Young said...

I am scared for my future...are boys really that adventurous? Dear me!

~heidi said...

hehe! I love it. Not that your kids are wild, because mine were and are never wild...not. Mine still are going to kill me, more the boys, though, but I just combat it with annoying them, they love it...

Megan said...

Wow, my heart was pounding just reading that! You are one lucky girl! (Both for getting your ring and for having two cute boys!)

Rachel Seren said...

They definitely keep you on your feet! Boys are hard when they are little, but easier during the teenage years, I just have to keep that in mind the next time they flush something down the toilet!