Monday, May 5, 2008

Graduations Galore

My family had a busy past weekend with two graduations! First, my brother-in-law Mike graduated from the U of U on Friday with his MBA and honestly, I have no idea how he did it. Between working full-time, doing his church calling, being a dad and father, AND going to school full-time, I'm surprised he didn't just drop dead. :) Of course, for those of you who know Mike, you know he is the eternal optimist about everything so during all of this, you would have never known how stressed and busy he was. He always put on the best face and never let us know how hard it was. So way to go, Mike! We are proud of you.


Then, on Saturday, my little sister Kristin graduated from Utah State! Go Aggies! :) She got her degree in Journalism with an emphasis in Public Relations and a minor in English (hmmm, wonder where she got that idea from?!), and she did it all in three years! It was fun to go to her graduation because I haven't been up to Utah State since I graduated two years ago, and it brought back a lot of memories of my graduation (mostly good memories - I just had the worst morning sickness that day and it was so hard to just get out of bed!). So congrats, Kristin! We are proud of you too.


And the busyness continues this week with Kristin's wedding! Seriously, how is it possible that my baby sister is getting married?! It just seems so unreal. But I guess I have to accept it, and just be prepared with a lot of Kleenex! :) -Ash (There are more pics below...)



Gavin and Nana.

It was around this time that Gavin turned to my sister Lindsay and said, "I think I could fall asleep in here." :) I think we all felt his pain after a while!


Gavin and Connor being silly as usual. Seriously, what's up with those faces (and Gavin's arm across Connor like that)?!



All three Skousen sisters (who can seemingly only produce boys... :) Hopefully Kristin will change all of that!)

5 comments:

Megan said...

You and your younger sister look so much alike, you could almost pass for twins!

Anonymous said...

What a busy week! Maybe Kristin should have gotten married last December, just to make this week easier. Love Poppy

Lindsay and Mike said...

Dude! I look extremely large in that picture of me at Mike's graduation! How dare you publish it for the world to see!?! There will be payback! :) Mike says to tell you "thanks" for all the nice stuff you said about him.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Haha! You really didn't have to take it off! Silly girl...

~heidi said...

That is a busy weekend, two graduations...Soon it will be Greg. Hey, we went to a mexican resaturant down the street from your house the other night, Burrito Grande I think - it is by Kent's Market. If you guys want to do mexican again and if you have not been there before, let us know, it was really good.