My poor kids have had numerous accidents within the past week. In fact, I've even decided that I'm not taking the kids out in public for the next few days out of fear that DCFS will see them and take them away, thinking I abuse them when I don't! :) Here are just a couple things we've dealt with lately...

Last Friday, we headed down to my parents' house for Conference weekend. We had only been there for about 30 minutes when Tyler faceplanted on my parents' wood floor. Needless to say, a huge black and blue goose egg formed on his forehead (just what we need, a bump that makes his head look even bigger than it already is!). :) It still hasn't gone down completely and is a lovely green now. Hopefully you can see it in that picture - it's up on the top right side of his forehead. (I couldn't get a better picture with how active Ty is these days.)

Then, last night we had what I would consider to be our scariest moment with Gavin yet. In retrospect, I realize it wasn't all that bad, but it was pretty terrifying when it was happening. While I was putting away groceries last night, Gavin was sitting at our bar eating. I turned to put something away in the fridge when I heard a loud crash behind me. I turned around to see that the barstool Gavin was sitting on was now on the floor, and he was screaming. I picked him up, only to see his mouth filled with blood. And when I say filled with blood, I mean
a lot of blood. Greg rushed him upstairs to the bathroom with me not far behind. At first, we weren't sure what to think because there was just so much blood that it was hard to see anything. But once we got his mouth rinsed out enough and were able to get a closer look, we realized that he had bitten almost completely through his lower lip. He had a huge gash on the inside of his bottom lip, and two small cuts on his chin just below his lower lip where the teeth had almost gone completely through. We called Greg's brother who is a doctor, and he said that as long as the cut inside his mouth wasn't gaping open and bleeding profusely, we wouldn't have to take him to the doctor. Fortunately, the bleeding stopped about 15 minutes later, but it definitely scared us. The picture above is from today and you can see where his teeth almost came through (the inside of his mouth looks much worse, but still better than it did last night).
Once we got Gavin settled down and to bed last night, Greg commented that even though this incident was scary for us, it will probably pale in comparison to others our kids will eventually put us through. Oh joy! I can't wait! :) -Ash
7 comments:
Oh!! Poor Gavin! I'm glad he didn't bite all the way through! And, yes, Greg is probably right...I'm sure in a few years, both you & I will be making multiple trips to emergency rooms/after hours clinics every year! :(
LOL! I am not laughing at your kids, I made me remember thinking that those same things when my kids were that age and had bruises on them and I felt like all over them. Now they just do things that are more scary, such as scale the walls in the house to touch the ceiling...
poor bebes! at least life is not boring for you thanks to them!! :)
Poor kids. Never a dull moment is there.
That is so sad! I am so sorry. But I think the mouth heals itself really fast. But what a bummer in the meantime.
btw. I miss you we need to get together soon.
That is always a moms worst nightmare to turn around and see any kind of blood on your child. Unfortunately with boys, this is probably just the beginning. We have had our fare share with boys and blood!
I'm glad Gav didn't need stitches. Hope he recovers quick. Love Poppy
Post a Comment