So, we have exciting news, and I bet you can't guess what it is! But hey, I'll throw it out there anyway - so, any guesses as to what my news is? I'm sure my picture is kind of giving it away, but don't worry, I didn't use that one! So, drumroll please... My exciting news is that I'm not pregnant! YES!!! (Gotcha!) :) And no, we didn't have a scare! It's just that ever since 2004, I have always found out I was pregnant in the middle of April in an even year. And here we are in the middle of April in 2008 and I am NOT pregnant! Hallelujah! I still want more kids, of course, but just not right now, and ESPECIALLY not in the month of December. So happy day, I am thrilled!
And while I'm on the subject of me and pregnancy tests, I thought I would tell our funny story about when we found out I was pregnant with Gavin. I hope the words "late" and "started" do not offend my male readers! :) I was over a week late, so I took a pregnancy test and after 5 minutes, it said negative. So I threw it in the garbage and didn't think much about it. Five days later though, I still hadn't started so I decided to go back to the garbage and get out my pregnancy test, and just make sure it really said negative. Funny enough, it now said positive! I was freaking out (Greg was at work at the time), so I ran to the store and bought a new one. And sure enough, it was positive. We were thrilled of course, since we had been trying for 6 months, but it was just really bizarre the way it all happened.
In other exciting news, Greg and I have new callings! I am now a Beehive advisor (which I am thrilled about and loving!), and Greg is 1st Counselor in the Elder's Quorom Presidency. So now, instead of us seeing him a little bit, we rarely seem him! :) But he is enjoying it so far and will do a good job, so I can't complain too much. It's just sad that between everything he has going on right now (60 hours/week at work, school, and his calling), the kids never see him, and Gavin is constantly asking when he gets to see Daddy next. They both cry when he leaves because they just want more time with him... :( Oh well, mommy will have to do for now! And hopefully he will be around more soon.
So there's all of our exciting news! I hope I didn't offend anybody that is currently pregnant, because pregnancy is great. But at this point in my life, it just wouldn't be! I'm loving having my body to myself! :) -Ash
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Exciting News!
Posted by
The Swensons
at
3:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
LOL!!! You totally had me, and I was telling Brent that you were pregnant and then oops, she is not pregnant. Congratulations on not being pregnant.
wanna hear some weird (well, honestly, not weird) coincidences? i too am in the EQ presidency, kristi is the laurel advisor, but we are pregnant. well, technically kristi is due today, but i predict the baby being born no earlier than a week from now. anyway, congrats on not being prego!
My mouth just dropped when I first pulled up your blog - you're so funny! Congratulations on your new calling, yay - no more primary! And that's exciting for Greg too!
I almost called you when I first started reading! How funny. I understand what you are saying about the whole pregnancy thing.
We need to get together for our bdays. Dan is out of town until the 25th so maybe that day or on the next week?
When is good for you guys?
I'm so excited for you to be in young women's. I've wanted that calling forever, but I guess Primary Presidency and Sunday School will have to suffice for now. You will do such a good job at it! (And I totally hear you, I can't wait to have my body back to itself!)
I'm sorry the kids (and you) don't see Greg much. If anyone can feel your pain, it is me! Luckily, I get my husband back next week!!! I'm not totally thrilled about it or anything though! (Hopefully, you could hear the sarcasm in my voice there!) Greg will get a new job soon, & then he'll graduate in December. So, there is light at the end of the tunnel! You'll make it!
And to think I was hoping that I was reading abuot my future No. 6 grandson! Oh well, I can be patient. (Ask Linz if the grandson curse is still working!) Love Poppy
Post a Comment