Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A Bizarre Book Tag...

So, my cousin's wife Heidi and my sister Lindsay both tagged me to do this, and I have to admit, I think it's really weird! :) And I'm even an English major! But hey, it gives me something to write about so I guess I'll do it. Here goes...

Pick up the nearest book.

Turn to page 123.

Post the fifth sentence.

Tag 5 friends.

I have kind of foregone reading since November when I finished the Twilight series, because I just knew no other book could ever live up to them! But after continuing to struggle with potty-training Gavin, I thought it was time I took somebody else's advice and not just my own. So I am currently reading The Everything Potty Training Book by Dr. Linda Sonna. Honestly, I am only about twenty pages into it because I became extremely frustrated after she shared a testimonial, so I just stopped reading! (The testimonial was about a girl who kept pushing her little boy to get potty trained when he didn't want to (just like Gavin), and he became so resentful about it that he wasn't potty trained until 5 1/2! Plus, he had constipation issues like Gavin, which scared me even more. It's just had me terrified that I will be in the same situation with Gavin.) So I'm sure you can guess that I'm nowhere near page 123, but here's what it says (it's talking about the method where you potty-train your toddler in one day):

"Given that your child is doing in a day what many toddlers take months to accomplish, be sure your child has the physical, cognitive, emotional, and social skills to succeed before you try it."

So there you go, don't potty train your child in one day unless they are 20! ;) (At the rate we're going, Gavin will probably be 20. We'll be sending him to school with a diaper bag!)

Well, I don't know if I am the only one who found this tag to be a bit bizarre, but hey, I'll tag people anyway... Amanda Sherwood, Kyla Stevens, Lara Bagby, Cassi Young, Tara Campbell. Do it if you want, no pressure. -Ash

5 comments:

Rachel Seren said...

So I totally agree that no other book compares to the Twilight series. As far as potty training. Jesse had a hard time when we first started out, I can't even count the number of enema's we gave him, he was so constipated. Cole is doing great with going potty, and even makes it through the night now, but we are still struggling with pooping on the toilet. We do "poo poo cars" I get the little hot wheels and keep them in their package and place them above the toilet. Everytime they go #2 in the toilet they get to pick a car. Amazingly enough this worked with both boys. Cole isn't perfect yet but is doing so much better. Keep with it, Sadly potty training takes FOREVER! especially with boys.

Kyla Stevens said...

uh oh. I'm nervous that potty training isn't going to be as easy as I thought.
I started potty training ashton again last week. I came home from Seattle feeling really embarrassed because Ashton wasn't potty trained and our fam and friends were really really suprised.
So we are trying the no pull ups, only underwear, method via book of kyla and it is not going well. I've cleaned up way more accidents than times that ashton has actually gone on the toilet. Thank goodness that they have all been on the tile and not on our carpet.
So did you like the book or not? I'm not a fan of testimonials because every situation is so different. I heard there is a video you rent from the library called potty time, it worked wonders for my nieces.
Good luck, seriously. But don't feel bad if Gavin's still in diapers by twenty because then him and ashton can hang out and share diapers. lol.

Megan said...

Hey Ashlee! At first I was like...who is this?! But I'm so excited you found me! Your family looks so cute, I think the last time I saw you, you were expecting your second but didn't know what it was. I'll have to check in often as well!

Kyla Stevens said...

I like how you always leave us an out when you get tagged or tag someone else. No pressure. Good, because I 'm not doing this one! lol. All my books are in the bookshelf and are not coming out. There for I cannot "grab the closest book". Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Haha, you are forgiven! I didn't even care, it was just weird to see for some reason!