Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tyler's Messy Eating Habits!

Gavin and Tyler have really started to love the same things lately - cars, trucks, trains, planes, dinosaurs, and all those other boy things that I can't figure out! :) However, when it comes to their eating habits, they are complete opposites! Ever since Gavin was a toddler, he has hated messes. If he spills even the slightest bit of water on his shirt, he wants it taken off immediately and a dry one put on. Ty, on the other hand, well... let's just say the messier the better for him! I am a firm believer that eating for him is just a big party meant to drive mom closer to insanity (because I am a huge clean freak). He can even make a disgusting mess out of eating something as clean as bread! Sound impossible? Not with him! He just turns his sippy cup upside down and hits it on the highchair tray until a bunch of water comes out, then he mushes everything on his tray into the water which of course, he then promptly smears all over his face and into his hair. Mmmm, every mother's dream. Anyway, he did this today with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and I thought the pictures were definitely blog-worthy, so take a look! -Ash


How it all started - nothing too horrible, just a piece of bread mashed onto his forehead. :)



I then went to get something out of the pantry and turned around to see this. He now officially had what I think of as munchkin eyebrows (they are all orangey like the munchkins on Wizard of Oz) from where he had smeared peanut butter all over them. There was also peanut butter all throughout his hair. (And honestly, I don't know where that piece of bread went!) And look at that mischevious smile!

However, as cute and funny as the whole thing was, the clean freak in me finally took over and cleaned him up. Five minutes later (really), he was almost back to normal with only a touch of peanut butter left in his eyebrows and that mischevious smile still on his face! What a kid!

7 comments:

Kyla Stevens said...

I ask myself daily after literally the fifth time I've swept or mopped the floor: Why do I even try? It looks the same either way. What do you do? I was complaining about my messy eaters yesterday and Dan says to me, "I'm sorry but that is just part of being a mom". I have to go now and clean up the box of triscuits the girls just spilled on the rug. No joke. Love ya. If you find a solution to messy eaters please call me.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Soooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Ty simply knows how to push Mom's buttons! What a crackup! Great photos. Love Poppy

Anonymous said...

my baby is so cute! i love love the pictures of him - he is darling even with bread and peanut butter eyebrows! :)

Emily said...

Ashlee,

I don't know where to enter a comment, so I'm doing it here. I finally started a blog, but it really sucks because I don't like being on the computer any more than I have to, so there's not much to it. Anyway, one of my friends was looking at your blog linked to mine and then looked at Cassi's. She was talking about a Medela Belly Binder - do you know where she got this? I know, totally random. But anyway, my blog link is rustytrombones-emily.blogspot - again, totally random.

Anyway, talk to you later!
Emily

Shel said...

Wasn't Greg in sales? The company is call Flagship Financial, he should look into it. It's VA mortgages, veterans call in and they get their info. to see if they can help them refiance or get finaced the first time for mortgages. Aaron said it's neat because he really feels like he's helping people. I guess right now they can't answer all the phone calls they're getting, so they are hiring. All the people we know that work there make a pretty good living and like it. You get a commission off of the closing costs. There is potential for really good money. Even the people with the lowest average number of closes are making as much or more than Aaron did in car sales.

Sherwoods said...

Super cute. I have to admit, I am a super neat freak too and Zach has to have a clean face and high chair. I have even stooped to cleaning the highchair with a toothpick when I was pregnant and nesting. Crazy, I know. But, I guess you just take it all in stride and love them to pieces!