Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Public or Private... That is the Question!

I have recently heard of a lot of people saying they are going to make their blogs private because of the potential for creepy things happening on the internet. I really don't want to make our blog private, because I want anybody to access it that wants to see it. So I was just wondering if any of you have heard specific stories of things happening to people who have public blogs? I personally haven't so that makes me lean towards leaving it public, but I just wanted to get everybody's input before making a decision. Thanks! -Ash

P.S. This is my second blog for the day, so feel free to check out my other post below this.

6 comments:

Rachel Seren said...

I am not too worried about it. I haven't heard anything and because ours is public a lot of people we hadn't talked to in years were able to find us. To me it's been a good thing to have it be public. I guess I would rather wait to see IF anything happened before I worried too much about it.

Anonymous said...

I'd be careful about not revealing your address or city you live in, especially if your address is in the phone book (fortunately you guys have cell phones and no land line.)You never know with all the sickos in the world today and its better to be safe than sorry. Love Poppy

Kyla Stevens said...

I have thought about this too. I heard on the news that you shouldn't post things like your address or where your kids go to school. But I don't think that you can have identity theft from a blog or anything else like it. I know some people dont post pics of their kids or thier last name.
But I don't know. I'm undecided too.

Anonymous said...

the best thing I found with potty training is get more than 1 little potty and put them in rooms the kids play in most. like the kitchen and play room, you can also move them, AJ didn't like missing things when he had to go. Also try pull ups it helps with the mess.

Sherwoods said...

I haven't ever really thought about it. I enjoy having it public because old friends can find you! The only anonymous comments that have ever been on our blog came when Drew died and a few people who described themselves as 'passerby' commented, but it didn't creep me out at all. Then again Drew's death reached far and wide, so they may have been friends of friends. Anyway, this is a really long comment to say that nothing has ever really happened to our public blog.

Anonymous said...

Ummm... well... Here's my educated opinion:

I have no idea what the difference is. I am not educated on this matter. :-D