Well, it's official... my husband's a total oldie! :) Greg turned 30 yesterday and I have to admit that it's a little weird, considering I am still only 24! Unfortunately, he had to work from 7-5 but once he got off work, my family came up and we all headed over to the Solomon Center in Ogden so the guys could try out the FloRider (for those of you who are unfamiliar with this, it's simulated surfing... Greg is kneeboarding in the picture to the left). I think we were all a bit disappointed with the overall experience for a few reasons. First, when we initially walked in to watch, we were blasted with 90-100 degree heat with 100% humidity (or 200% as Kristin put it!). The humidity and heat was so unbearable, Gavin was bawling for me to take him out, so we headed over to Costa Vida and watched through the glass wall attached to the FloRider! It was much better... (Interestingly enough, the employees there even said it was the hottest it's ever been, so something in their ventilation system must have been off...) Then, Greg got so overheated and hot, that he had to sit out for the last half hour. It was kind of a bummer, and I wish the place would have given them back some of their money, but oh well! I think they still had a good time, despite some aches and pains today! :)Now, this is the part where I should probably wish my husband a happy birthday and thank him for being such a great guy, but who am I kidding?! He doesn't read this! :) But I do have to say how lucky I am to have him and how proud I am of him and what he does for our family. He really is such a great guy and I am so lucky to have him! -Ash (I posted more pics below of the FloRider and the party we had for him a week earlier...)
A picture of me, Gavin, Ty, Aiden, and my mom sitting behind the glass wall in Costa Vida where the temperature was actually bearable! (Notice Connor with his shirt off - how would it be to be a boy?!)
The birthday party for Greg and Dan at my parent's house. Poor guys, they will probably always have a shared birthday party from now on because Greg's is on the 23rd and Dan's is on the 24th (today... happy birthday, Dan!).
Gavin was much more excited about the candles than Greg, can you tell?
7 comments:
Sounds like good old Texas weather inside there!! The spring here is way nice though, windows open weather with cool breezes, I love this time of year.
That is awesome! I have never seen anything like that before, how fun! As far as the humidity goes I can totally understand living in texas and all, the unbearably hot and humid state! What a fun birthday activity!
What a bummer. That is too bad about the flowrider experience. Dan (my husb.) really liked it. Of course without the heat. It looks like the other party was a good time. I recognize your mom's boston cream pie and that can make just about anything better! Happy bday Greg.
Happy birthday Greg! I hope you survived the night of surfing! Great photos. Love Poppy
How fun! Although the heat and humidity is totally New Jersey in the summer. needless to say, I am not sad that we are leaving before summer hits!
Hey - easy on the OLD comments, eh? :)
I told Mike that next time he feels like getting beat up, I will do it for him for free! Happy b-day Greg! 30 is the new 20...don't let anyone tell you differently!
Post a Comment