Saturday, February 16, 2008

Our First Girls' Night... and Hopefully Not the Last!

My best friend Kyla and I decided about a month ago that we really needed to start a girls' night with old high school and college friends. Even though we don't all live close anymore, we all still live in Utah so we figured it shouldn't be that hard to get together every once in a while! So, last night we all met up at Gateway and had dinner together, and we had such a great time! You forget how nice it is to get out without kids - and even your husband! - until you actually do it. It was great to not be entertaining children until the food arrived, or shushing them so you can actually have an adult conversation (which usually revolves around the kids anyway!). What was even better was being able to talk about girl things to other girls who understand and actually care (unlike my sweet husband, bless his heart). Our conversation was all over the place from Mandy's growing chest (she's pregnant) to pimple-popping to abortion! Bizarre, yes, but we had a blast! We ended up just sitting at our table talking for an hour after finishing our food. I'm surprised they didn't kick us out! Overall though, we had a blast just being together. So, our plan is to do this every other month if we can, and we would love to have more of you join us. If you're interested, email me or leave a comment on my blog and we can include you next time. The more the merrier! -Ash


P.S. I just got thinking that maybe I should explain who everybody in the picture is - (starting on the left) Kyla Stevens, Lara Izant, me, Mandy Hagen, and Emily Sagendorf. Lara and I have gone to school together since Kindergarten (I still love that little 1,2,3 dress you wore in our Kindergarten picture!), Mandy and I met in junior high, Kyla and I met in high school, and Emily was me and Lara's roommate at USU.

6 comments:

The Reagans said...

I am still prego.... so lame :) But we are having a sweet little boy in May. Most days I am super excited about another boy and then I think "oh a girl would be such fun..." but overall I think boys are great! But tell me do you ever just need girl time? Sorry I took so long to respond... hope all is well!!

Lindsay and Mike said...

I'm glad you started a girls night! You'll find yourself counting down the days to the next one! :)

Kyla Stevens said...

loved it, can't wait till the next one. I hope you don't mind if I take the pic for my post!

Jen said...

Looks like you guys had fun!! I totally know what that is like. Every month a bunch of us from high school get together and play bunco! It is so much fun to just have a night out and talk.

Anonymous said...

The only bad thing about Girls Night Out is that to the outside observer, it always appears that everyone is talking at once. Then one realizes that girls can talk and listen at the same time (unlike us guys!) I'm sure the boys had a blast with Greg while you were gone. Love Poppy

Sherwoods said...

Wow, super fun! I would love to come to future ones if I am in Utah. I should be there for a few weeks in March/April between the move from NJ to Mexico. I would love to see everyone again!