Saturday, December 15, 2007

Disappointed in Matchbox Twenty...

Matchbox Twenty has been one of my favorite bands for a long time now. Between Greg and I, we have every CD of theirs and every time we hear their new song "How Far We've Come," we turn it up because we just love it! (In fact, we turn it up so loud that Gavin usually starts freaking out and yelling, "It's too noisy!") Well, we were watching their music video on You Tube today and even though I still love the song, the music video really made me mad. It's such liberal propaganda! Yeah, sure, this is the first time we have had a black and a female presidential candidate, but hey it's the first time we've had a Mormon candidate too, isn't it? Ha ha, not like I expect (or want) them to put Mitt Romney in their music video, but seriously, the whole thing is such propaganda (especially the part with Al Gore) and I've had it with Hollywood jumping on the liberal bandwagon just because everybody else is doing it! Sorry about the venting, it's just getting really old to me. Anyway, here's the link to the video if you want to watch it. And even though the music video sucks, the song is still awesome so you can at least enjoy that part! -Ash


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlqfpPf_EO0

P.S. So I just had a different take on this whole music video after watching it again. Throughout the entire thing, they're talking about how the world is headed for hell and coming to an end. So maybe the whole Al Gore and Hillary/Bill Clinton thing at the end is proof of why the world is headed for hell! At least I will try to think of it that way... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your're preaching to the choir, Sosh! (Now you need to work on your sisters!)

I just got the new Eagles CD and its full of anti-Bush/anti-Irag crap. In 20 years these bands will be embarrassed by their sophomoric lyrics and videos. I think Bill O'Reilly should interview them.

Love Poppy

Lindsay and Mike said...

Still a VERY cool song. Plus, let's just admit it...Hillary is going to win and I'm kind of excited about it. Do you want to know why? Because then she'll fail miserably in everything she tries to do and she'll screw the country up even more than it already is and then SHE can become the brunt of all the late-night jokes. It will be AWESOME!!! Just wait...you'll be DVRing Lettermen and Leno every night!