Since our boys' birthdays are within 5 days of each other now, we decided to try a new tradition this year - on Tyler's birthday, we would have a big birthday party for both boys with Greg's family, and on Gavin's birthday, we would have a big party for both boys with my family. We thought it was a great idea because both families wouldn't have to come to two parties, and both boys would never feel left out on the other's birthday. Well, Greg started calling his family this past weekend to remind them of the party on Ty's birthday only to find out that nobody could come! I was really bummed at first just because I love to have family around and involved in our kids' lives, but it just wasn't going to happen. So with no other options, we decided to have a little party with our small family. And believe it or not, we had a great time! Gavin had a blast opening Tyler's presents, and Tyler was thrilled to be the center of attention and eat cake! :) So both boys had a great time in the end, and I don't think either one felt left out. Plus, both boys were in bed by 8 so I got some Christmas shopping done after that! I guess it wasn't as much of a loss as I thought it would be... :) Until next time! -Ash
Gavin even blew out Ty's candle! Once again though, Ty could have cared less...
Mmm... yummy cake. I have never seen anybody devour a piece of cake so quickly!
I just had to put this picture in because I couldn't stop laughing at the frosting literally dripping off his face!
5 comments:
That last picture is so cute!!! Your boys are adorable. How fun to have their birthdays so close together.
We can't wait to come to Gavy's party so that we can wish both boys a happy birthday. We've got some cool presents too! Love Poppy
Don't you love it? You buy your kids all these expensive toys and all they want to play with is the wrapping paper??? Next year, just get him a bunch of boxes, bubble wrap and packing peanuts...he'll be in seventh heaven.
Also, you have to check out Stephanie Meyer's website to see the people who have been cast to play Edward and Bella in the Twilight movie. Bella actually kind of looks the way I thought she would look. The guy that's playing Edward is pretty good looking, but not as hot as the guy in my head so I was a little disappointed there. Let me know what you think...
How are you?! I am so sorry your had to see my blog on, "Support the Jazz day." Chadd is convinced that if we keep that wallpaper up, the Jazz will win--I get to take it down when they do. Your boys are so cute! I will definitely be reading up on your blog to see how to handle a houseful of guys!
so cute! i can't wait to see the chunks on monday!!
Post a Comment