Saturday, December 8, 2007

Gavin's First Snowman

When it started snowing yesterday, Gavin was wanting to build a snowman pretty bad. I kept telling him that he would have to wait until tomorrow (now today) because I had to get ready to go play the piano at my parents' work party, and fortunately, he was really sweet about it and stopped asking. (There wasn't enough snow yesterday anyway...) So I woke up this morning with a list of things to do to get ready for our work party tomorrow, and the last thing I wanted to do was go build a snowman! But Gavin was still really looking forward to it, so I thought I'd better keep my promise.

Even though I did most of the work, Gavin was still great to help wherever he could! He even rolled the middle ball (with some extra packing from mom), and helped put in the stick arms and buttons. He was pretty excited when we were all done, and wanted to keep packing snow on anywhere he could, but I convinced him it was time to go inside before he did too much damage! Anyway, I think the snowman turned out pretty great if I may say so myself. Sure, his face is totally demented and his back is completely flat, but I'm just proud of myself for doing it since this would normally be a daddy job at our house! :) Until next time! -Ash

*And by the way, Dad, you would be horrified to know that I let Gavin do this in the FRONT yard! Oh no! :) (For those of you who are wondering what in the world I am talking about, as kids, my sisters and I were never allowed to play in the snow in the front yard because it would make the yard look bad. Ha ha!)

Gavin with our masterpiece. :) (And for those of you who are wondering, he's holding the fake carrot that came with our snowman kit that would not stay in (along with all the buttons...). We finally had to get a real carrot!)

3 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Your snowman is so cute! Good work doing a "daddy job". And, the snowman is not demented looking at all...Mike and the boys made a snowman last week and it was TOTALLY slanted...to the point where we nicknamed it the "Leaning Tower of Snowballs". It fell over in the middle of the night and Connor was DEVASTATED the next morning...so Mike went out to try to fix it. It lasted for about three hours and then fell over again! Next time, we're using a level in our snowman building efforts! ;) And, thanks for coming to the zoo lights with us tonight...sorry it was so blasted cold and windy!

Anonymous said...

way cute picture! i am happy gavie liked it.. turned out very cute!

Anonymous said...

Gavin looks so proud of his handiwork! By the way, I would probably let Connor, Gavin, Aiden and Ty build a snowman in my front yard nowadays! Nice work, Mom! Love Poppy