Thursday, September 25, 2008

What Silly Kids...

My kids have been cracking me up lately, and I thought I'd better write about the things they've been doing before I forget!

First, I've officially decided that Tyler is 100% his mom's child. I think I have always known this in a way because since he was a newborn, he has always loved to cuddle with me, and whenever his feelings are hurt or he gets hurt, he insists on coming to me over Greg. But lately, it's become even more apparent that he's my kid because he has started to love books. Seriously, he refuses to go anywhere without a book in his hand, even to bed. Most of the time he just sits down and looks at it himself, but if he sees me sitting on the ground playing with Gavin, he always takes that opportunity to come sit on my lap and open the book so I will read it to him. It just cracks me up. Hopefully, it will stick and he will always love books (unlike his daddy...)!

Ty has also become such a smart kid. He's picked up talking so much earlier than Gavin did (Gavin hardly said a word until he was 2), and even today was pointing at his cars clearly saying, "race car." He can even sing the tune to the ABC song. I just love him to pieces, and who couldn't with that sweet smile?! (Sorry, I know that sounded like a totally cheesy "Mormon blogger mom" line... but it's just how I'm feeling right now!)

Gavin is always coming up with new things to do or say too - you just never know what is going to come out of his mouth. His latest obsession has been "potty talk." He and his friends think it's the funniest thing to say stuff like, "You smell like poop!" or "Wouldn't it be funny if there was a poopy diaper on your head?" Lovely. Oh, the joy of having boys...

Gavin is also learning so much at preschool. He now asks me on a daily basis what letter each of his toys start with. Just the other day, he turned to me and said, "Mom, did you know that the word 'moose' starts with 'cow'?" I was totally confused so I just said, "Really?" And he said, "Yeah. It starts with 'moooo'." Even though he was totally serious, I couldn't help but laugh. He just cracks me up.

Well, there you have it - my silly, quirky kids! More updates to come, I'm sure... -Ash

7 comments:

Kyla Stevens said...

I miss your kids! I love their little personalities. Good thing for blogs

Unknown said...

They are such dolls!!! I laughed out loud about the "moo." What a cutie!!!

Lindsay and Mike said...

What cute boys!

Marky said...

What cute little guys you have!! That is so great that Ty loves to read, I do too!!

Stacey said...

Your boys are so cute!!! We need to get Andy and Tyler together they share the same love of books : )

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Ty has inherited his love of books(3rd generation)from you and me! And, Gavin is such a logical thinker. He's really got quite the mind. Great blog! Love Poppy

Tara said...

Such cute boys. I love watching kids grow up and develope little personalities. It is funny how different they are.