Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Random...

Hmmm... what's happened since I wrote last? A whole bunch of things, I guess, but most of it I don't consider to be "blog-worthy," so hopefully I can make this a half-decent post. It will be pretty random, so bear with me...

First, can I just vent about how much I hate having a sick family?! Poor Ty came down with a horrible cold over the weekend, Greg picked it up two days later, and Gavin got it two days after that. As always, I am still running strong, and therefore I get the lovely responsibility of taking care of everybody else! Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know that's "mom's job," but sometimes I would just LOVE to be sick in bed like the rest of the family, being waited on hand on foot. :)

Second, after two months of having it on the market, our Civic has FINALLY sold! We have actually had both of our cars on the market lately (because we only need one reliable car with Greg riding the train to work), but figured the Envoy wouldn't sell very easily so we'd better just count on getting rid of the Civic. We figured it would be gone in a matter of days being that it gets 38 mpg freeway, but we could hardly get any calls on it! It was so frustrating. So we finally parked it at a local grocery store yesterday, got a call on it a few hours later, and it's now sold! Wahoo!

And last, we experienced a lovely flashback to the past this weekend when we only had one child at home! It was heavenly! Now don't get me wrong, I love both my kids, but when one is gone, you realize that life really is easier! :) This past Saturday, my dad did the annual "Lotoja" bike race where he rides over 200 miles from Logan to Jackson Hole in ONE DAY! Crazy, I know. Well originally, we were planning on tagging along for the ride, but then ended up not having enough money to do it, so my parents offered to just take Gavin and he had a great time! So here are some highlights of his trip:


Highlight #1

Swimming at the pool in Logan with Nana!



Highlight #2

Sleeping on the hotel floor in Daddy's sleeping bag (except Gavin didn't call it a "hotel," he called it a "show-and-tell." Ha ha!) And yes, I know that's kind of a creepy picture - I guess his excitement was a little over the top!

Highlight #3

Giving Poppy five and cheering him on as he rode by!

Highlight #4

Exploring Jenny Lake (up at the Grand Tetons) with his cousins.

He had a great time, so thanks for taking him Mom and Dad! We still hear about his "vo-cation" everyday! :)

Well, there's what we've been up to lately. Now if we can only get rid of this stupid sickness... :) -Ash

7 comments:

Emily said...

That's so sweet of your parents to take Gav with them! Hope the fam feels better soon and so glad to hear you sold your car!

Unknown said...

I hate when everyone is sick and even if you start to feel sick you still have to take care of everyone ele : ) Fun, to have a break with one kid. Reggie took Jarrett to WY for an overnighter and I didn't know what to do with all the freedom.

Taylor said...

I hope everyone feels better!
And I'm glad you car finally sold!

Kristin said...

you forgot to mention that the WHOLE family is sick! me, mik, aiden, etc etc..! and you also forgot to mention me, gavie's other second-mom this weekend! :) he was so sweet the whole trip, and he thought the "show-and-tell" was pretty cool too!

Anonymous said...

Sosh, I'll take either of your kids off your hands for a weekend anytime. Gavy was a real trooper and enjoyed the bike race. Maybe he'll do it with me in 10 years. Love Poppy

Lindsay and Mike said...

When Kristin mentioned Gavie's second mom, she must have been talking about me. There's no way she could have been talking about herself, since everytime one of the kids had to go to the bathroom, needed their nose wiped, or started throwing a fit, she magically disappeared! Bizarre how that happens! Can't wait until she has her own screamers (in 14 years)...then you and I can just sit back and laugh at her! Haha (evil laugh)!!!

Marky said...

Sorry to hear that everyone is sick, it must be in the air.. I can't believe your dad rode his bike that whole way, that is awesome!! Looks like Gavin had a great time, hope everyone gets better really quick!