Saturday, December 13, 2008

Tyler Turns Two!

Aww, gotta love alliteration (I know, I know, it's the crazy English major side of me coming out!). :)

Well, our little guy (who's not so little anymore!) turned two yesterday and I can hardly believe it. He should still be a baby if you ask me (but shouldn't all our kids?!). My boys' birthdays always seem to be really hectic with it being such a crazy time of year, and yesterday was no exception. I'm pretty sure I was running around from sun-up to sun-down trying to get ready for the birthday party/graduation party I had planned for both Ty and Greg. But since it was Ty's birthday, I did make sure to stick in a couple minutes here and there to just sit down and play with him, which really made me realize just how lucky I am to have him in my life. I remember being a nervous wreck when I found out I was pregnant with him, mostly because I was nervous about how close he was going to be to Gavin, but I also just couldn't stomach the thought of having another hard baby like Gavin was. I'm pretty sure Heavenly Father knew my fears though, and that's why he sent me Ty when he did. He is seriously the sweetest little boy. Since he was a baby, he has always been so sweet and loving. He loves to cuddle with me and whenever I get mad at him, he gets so upset and hides his face. He just has the sweetest little spirit and I feel so blessed to have him in my life.

Anyway, last night, I decided to throw a birthday party for Ty and also a graduation party for Greg (Greg was supposed to walk yesterday, but being the party pooper he is, he wouldn't! So I figured we needed to celebrate somehow...). We had Greg's family come down from Idaho (my family will come up for a party on Gavin's birthday), and it went really well! We had dinner, opened presents, ate cake and ice cream, and went and saw Christmas lights. Here are some highlights from the evening:


Gavin and his cousin Livia enjoying yummy soup in bread bowls!

This was my favorite part of the night! Since Greg was such a party pooper and refused to walk, I decided that he needed to have his own little graduation ceremony at home! (I love embarrassing my hubby, if you can't tell!) :) I turned on graduation music, put my graduation clothes on him (notice the lovely length on the sleeves!), and made him walk (a whole ten feet, ha ha!) to come get his mock diploma from me. He was thorougly embarrassed and more than ready to get those clothes off by the end, but hey, at least now his graduation feels somewhat official! :)



Yay, we finally get Daddy back! :)



Greg reading his totally awesome, homemade diploma! :)



Gavin opening an early birthday present from Grandma and Grandpa. He has wanted Hungry Hungry Hippos for a while now so he was extremely excited to finally get it!



Tyler opening a present. He was so excited, he just went from one present to the next.




Ty blowing out his candles. (I was an idiot and cut the cake before putting the candles in! You may call it "being blonde," I call it "being exhausted." :) )

I think Gavin liked the cake, how about you? :)

Overall, it was a great day and I'm just thrilled to see Ty growing up strong and happy, and see Greg "officially" graduated! :) Now only a few days left until Gavin's birthday! Oh the madness, it never ends... :) -Ash

7 comments:

Kristin and Dan said...

haha i loved greg's graduation ceremony!!! he looked oh so great in the cap and gown!

by the way, the cake looked kind of cool with the cut lines in it! since they were white from the filling it looks like a cool pattern of frosting! :)

Unknown said...

I am glad you didn't let Greg out of a ceremony! I love your blog, you crack me up. I can't believe Tyler is 2 now!!! Time really does fly by.

Marky said...

Happy Birthday Ty!! Looks like you had a great birthday party... And way to go Greg, that is such a huge accomplishment, and it is so nice to have them around now!! I love that you made him where a cap and gown, so funny!

Anonymous said...

Okay, no more birthdays for Ty....he has to stay two forever. Congrats to Grega and Ty both! Love Poppy

Lindsay and Mike said...

Happy b-day to Tyler & congrats to Greg!

Linsay and Jake said...

Happy Birthday to Ty and congrats to Greg! Hey Ashlee, can I get your address?

Rachel Seren said...

I can't believe he is two. I think one of the last times I saw you, you were pregnant with him! Time goes by so fast!