I am dreading even beginning to write this post because I have so much to catch up on! But I better just get started before I back out and put it off any longer... :)
Well, let's see, I guess I should start on Monday, the 15th. Our family has a Christmas tradition of always going to see the lights at Temple Square. We get together early in the evening, eat at Old Spaghetti Factory at Trolley Square, shop around a bit, then head out to see the lights. We have seriously done this tradition for as along as I can remember, and this is the first year that we decided to tweak it a bit - or should I say A LOT. That Monday night was absolutely freezing, and since the lights at Temple Square haven't been all that great lately anyway, we actually opted to not even go see them! We just got together for dinner, walked around Trolley Square, and goofed around taking family pictures. While it was definitely different than usual, we still had a great time. I particularly enjoyed staying inside where it was WARM! :) Here are some pics from the evening:
Dinner at Old Spaghetti Factory - yum!
Gotta stick in a pic of my newest nephew! Aww, what a cutie!
The cousins sitting on Santa's chair.

Our newest family picture. Would you believe this is the BEST family picture we have EVER taken? Well, believe it, cuz it's true. Our kids (especially Ty) typically don't enjoy having their pictures taken, so I was thrilled when this one actually turned out good, with us all smiling no less! It was truly a Christmas miracle! Ha ha.
Another family pic of sorts, with my mom and Linz. (Unfortunately, Dan and Kristin couldn't make it down so that's why Kristin isn't in the picture.)
Gavin's Preschool Christmas Program
Oh, wait a minute, I have absolutely NOTHING to write or post about this because Gavin refused to do it! That little stinker... He said he wouldn't go up cuz he didn't know the words to the songs - yet, all I've heard since that day is him singing "Jingle Bells" at the top of his lungs. Perhaps we need to review the "honesty" lesson in FHE next week. :)
Gavin's 4th Birthday
Seriously, how is it possible that I have a 4-year-old? It just feels extremely bizarre! Anyway, Gavin turned 4 on the 17th, and had a great day (despite the "tormentuous Christmas program" incident in the afternoon). He loved all the attention he got, and of course, he loved the gifts! My family all came over that night for a party and we had a great time! Here are some more highlights in pics:
The fam eating dinner.
A very excited Gavin with his present from "Connor and Yeden" (Gavin says Aiden "Yeden" - it's quite the crack up!)
Again, check out the excitement! This gift came from Ta Ta (Kristin) and Dan.
(Also, Gavin got the cutest little red Razor scooter from my parents, with a matching McQueen helmet, but somehow we never got a picture of that! I feel so bad Mom and Dad, but I promise to get a pic of him on it soon!)
Tyler also benefited from this party, as he got to open all his birthday presents from my family! He especially loved this cute little bike my parents got him.
Gavin with his "dead dinosaur" birthday cake (at least that's what I lovingly call it. He picked it out all by himself, and whenever I would say, "Don't you like McQueen or Scooby Doo better?" he would just say, "No! I LOVE the dinosaur skeleton cake!" Oh boys... I will never understand them!)
Blowing out the candles (with the help of Connor and "Yeden"!). :)
It was such a fun night, and I think Gavin really enjoyed himself. And while we're on the subject of Gavin, I just wanted to write a bit about what a good kid he is. While he can be extremely obstinate and stubborn (hmmm, wonder where he gets that from?!), he can also be the sweetest, most loving kid you will meet. If I ever leave his room at night without saying "love you" or giving him a kiss goodnight, he is always sure to call me back in to remind me to do both. He is also so sweet with Tyler. Every morning, Ty usually wakes up about 30 minutes before I want him to - 7:30 to be exact. :) I typically lie in bed for a few minutes before getting him, but the second Gavin hears him up, he is always running into his room to try to help him. Gavin is also an incredibly social kid. He thrives off of having friends around, and always does well with them - rarely getting into fights. He is just such a great kid, and I love him to pieces (even when he does throw a fit at his preschool program, embarrassing everybody around him!) :)
Well, a lot more happened last week (such as my first time going to Bunco, 6 hours of baking cookies for neighbor gifts, and a visit from Greg's sister Michelle), but no pics from those and frankly, I still have a whole post to write about Christmas! So I'd better stop while I can. :) -Ash
2 comments:
We love Gavin. It is so true that he is such a good boy! He is always great when Ashton and Adrienne come to play. Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday Gavy and don't feel too bad about the Temple Square lights...I think the Church has been cutting back too! It was a fun December! Love Poppy
Post a Comment