I feel like I have been a horrible blogger lately, mostly because I feel like I spend way too much time on the computer and not enough time with my kids, which I've been trying to fix. So here I am, up at 11:00 at night, trying to squeeze out a quick blog when I should really be in the comfort of my own bed laughing at George Lopez! Oh, the things I do for you guys... :) So here's a totally random blog filled with totally random things.Today was pretty chilly, so I decided to try a new sweatsuit on Ty. It's an 18-24 months size, so I initially meant for him to wear it in the fall, but with how fast that kid is growing, he may not fit into it then! (Seriously, I am convinced that his appetite is going to drive our family to poverty. And anybody who's seen him eat can attest to that!) When we went to get him up from his afternoon nap today, he had his hood on and insisted on keeping it on all day (he even went to Costco and Toys 'R Us with it on). So here you have it - our 18-month-old hoodlum. This better not be a sign of things to come... :)
In other news, Gavin is showing progress with potty training! It's a miracle from above! Just as a quick background, Gavin is 3 1/2 and up until today, he has only peed in the toilet once. He is an incredibly stubborn kid (hmmm... wonder who he gets that from?) and until today, if you even said the word "potty" around him, he would freak out and run away screaming. Literally. Fortunately, Greg has had the whole week off of work and after hearing me cry almost every night about how preschool starts in September and Gavin is still not potty trained, he started helping out. And honestly, I know he hasn't tried anything different than I have, but I think Gavin just has a whole different level of respect for his dad than he does for me. Normally, this would bother me, but when it comes to bodily waste, I just don't care! :) Anyway, he went in the potty not once, not twice, but THREE times today! So hooray for progress, let's pray it keeps coming! (And I'm serious about those prayers, he needs to get potty trained!) :)
As for American Idol, I am shocked I have to do this (because I'm never wrong... of course), but I have to admit that my prediction of David Archuleta winning it all hands down was wrong. :) Seriously, as much as I love David Cook, I cannot believe there weren't enough 12-13 year old girls out there on Tuesday night to help David Archuleta win. I'm sure that my 15 Beehives alone voted for him at least a few hundred times, so where were all the other screaming and crying adolescents?! Really, I am just extremely shocked, even though I really like David Cook more. I actually feel a little bad for him though because I see David Archuleta fitting the A.I. mold and record label a little better, but what can you do? David Cook seemed happy so hopefully it's what he wanted. And at least David Archuleta got Utah back on the map (in a positive way) after the embarrassment with Carmen Rasmussen. However, I have to admit that the Murray mayor with the handlebar mustache may have been a slight setback to that...
And lastly, I saw this new "fashionable swimwear" on my friend Kyla's blog and had to share it with all of you. I seriously couldn't stop laughing. Who comes up with this stuff?! It's over-the-top Mormonism at its best! 

Kyla and Cassi said that they are both planning on purchasing these swimsuits online and I hope to see pictures of both of you modeling them on your blogs soon. You will look absolutely stunning in them, I'm sure. My only hope is that they aren't on back order! :) Wouldn't that just ruin your summer?! -Ash (I hope I didn't offend anybody who actually likes these. They just definitely are not for me!)
5 comments:
First, Ty looks way cute in that sweatsuit!
Second, good job Gavi! Now, come teach Aiden.
Third, I thought that David A. would win as well. I think my jaw hit the floor when Seacrest said "Cook"! (But in a good way!) Too bad that cheesy song has to be David C's first single though...oh well.
Fourth, are your friends serious about buying those swimming suits? If they are then PLEASE forgive me for the following comment, but those things are AWFUL!
Okay, I think that's all! :)
ty is too innocent to look like a hoodlum. he is adorable.
Amen to prayers for potty training, it is taking way too long for ashton.
Also, those swimsuits are on backorder, but luckily I ordered an extra for you. And I got lindsay one too. come on, you know they are hot....
Ty and Gav certainly have their own minds...I think their strong opinions come from their Nana.
The swimsuits look like stuff that women wore one hundred years ago!
I love the hoodlum picture! It is so cute. As for the Mayor of Murray I totally agree, however it could have been his American flag shirt as well...
So I agree with you the swimsuits are terrible!!! There is a way to be modest at the pool without looking like you are going to church! Seriously they are real swimsuits? Maybe I've just been away from Utah too long, but wow!!
Post a Comment