Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Mommy Test

I know Mother's Day was a week ago, but I still wanted to post this story as a kudos to all moms out there. I was asked to read it in Sacrament Meeting last week and thought it was pretty cute. I think we all probably took the Mommy Test in the pre-existence!

The Mommy Test

I was out walking with my 4-year-old daughter. She picked up something off the ground and started to put it in her mouth. I took the item away from her and I asked her not to do that anymore.

"Why?" my daughter asked. "Because it's been on the ground. You don't know where it's been, it's dirty and probably has germs," I replied.

At this point, my daughter looked at me with total admiration and asked, "Mommy, how do you know all this stuff? You are so smart."

Thinking quickly, I replied, "All moms know this stuff. It's on the Mommy Test. You have to know it, or they don't let you be a Mommy."

We walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but she was evidently pondering this new information. "Oh, I get it!" she beamed. "So if you don't pass the test, you have to be a Daddy."

"Exactly," I replied with a big smile on my face.

7 comments:

Kyla Stevens said...

that is so dang cute! I like that story. it was so fun to see you guys, we have to do it again very very soon. And it is time for our girls night. once I know dans work schedule I can start planning it and seeing when everyone is available.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Love it! Thanks for emailing it to me so I can use it in my lessson today! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey!!! No fair (but probably true. Love Poppy

Emily said...

Isn't that so true? Heavenly Father definitely put something amazing into mothers to do and know all that we do!!

Sorry, I forgot to tell you - Shayne started working for Marketstar a little over a month ago. He works for the Invida team.

And yes, we definitely need to get together - I need all the girls nights out that I can get!

~heidi said...

I love it! Cute story. So, I really hope not to get like Brent on the bike, weird that is....lol! And I really hope that I do not go around and brag about my falls - like he seems to like to do...lol! Brent thinks I am strange because I had to have a "girl" looking helmet and a skirt to wear! Hope Greg's new job goes well - doesn't he start tomorrow?

Tara said...

Love that! Very cute very true.

Rachel Seren said...

That's awesome! too funny!