Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Annual Obsession...

Even though I usually make fun of reality shows and am not the biggest fan of them, I admit it... I am a huge American Idol fan! Yes, I know this probably categorizes me with young teenage girls who have nothing better to do with their lives than sit around and gush over the contestants, then vote all night, but I just don't really care! In fact, Greg probably wouldn't openly admit this, but I have him hooked too. :) (I have secretly seen him watch it on the DVR! Same with Bill O'Reilly...) Anyway, I have been way excited about the show this year because I think there are some really good contestants! So, here are my favorites who I'm hoping will do well (sorry the pictures are so small, they won't go any bigger!):


Michael - He is probably my favorite. I think he has the best voice and he always sings flawlessly. I don't think he will win, but I still really like him.


David Cook - He is a very close second for my favorite, probably because he plays the kind of music I love, and he totally sounds like the lead singer from Lifehouse, one of my favorite bands of all time! Plus, there's something about him that's really attractive, but I haven't figured it out yet... Ha ha! Still, I don't think he will win because of...


David Archuleta - So I think he will win, hands down. He could forget his words, trip on the stage, make a total fool of himself, and all the 12- and 13-year old girls would still vote for him. Now don't get me wrong, I think he has a really good voice, I just like the other two guys more. I would, however, be happy if he won for the simple fact that he's from Utah. We need some redemption after the whole Carmen Rasmussen fiasco!


Brooke - So honestly, I think the guys are much better than the girls this year, but I still like her, probably because she's so cute and Mormon! Yay! Ha ha, but seriously? Has anybody noticed this infatuation Simon seems to have for the Mormon girls? He always loved Carmen Rasmussen, and I think he's got a secret crush on Brooke.


Carly - I really like her as well, despite her nasty tatoo all the way down her arm. She has a really good voice, but based on what a flop her last album was, I don't see her winning this or being very successful afterwards.

Anyway, there's my shpeel on who I like. I guess we'll see how things pan out, but I would guess these 5 will do really well. As for the rest of my life, I just need to vent momentarily about dentists, so bear with me!


Two summers ago, I went to a dentist in Logan to have a bunch of work done. I hadn't been to the dentist in five years, and it showed! So he did two root canals in two of my back teeth, filled them, and sent me on my way. Well, I went to my new dentist down here for a cleaning last summer, and after taking one look at my X-rays, he told me I needed to get those two teeth crowned or they might break because the fillings were so big. My first thought was, "This dentist is young and he's just trying to get money out of me. My teeth will be fine." Well, Monday night I was eating Goldfish crackers of all things, and suddenly felt a sharp jab in my gums. I started freaking out, checking out my tooth to see what just happened, but I couldn't see a thing. Well, the next day when I was brushing, I got looking closer and realized that one side of my tooth was moving as I brushed, so I made an appointment the next day with the dentist. And sure enough, my tooth had cracked all the way up into my gums because of my huge fillings. It sucks enough that it happened, but probably the crappiest part is that we lost our dental insurance when we quit T-Mobile. So we now get to pay $1500 out of pocket for one tooth! Lovely! I guess I am just incredibly irritated that my first dentist didn't initially do a crown like he should have. Grrr... Oh well, I guess we will just pay for it and move on! But seriously, who knew teeny teeth could be so incredibly expensive?!


Well, that's all for now. Sorry if this was a really boring and annoying post, but that's basically all my life has been lately! :) I will try for better next time! -Ash


(P.S. to my Dad. I wrote a post about Ty walking back in January (you can look back at it), and I refuse to write about Gavin's potty training until he goes in the potty again! Which hasn't happened since last week... But I promise to include both boys in my next post, potty training or not!)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Simon likes Mormon girls, maybe Kristin should go on American Idol, but then she would have to learn how to sing. I think Kristin would probably sing something from Guitar Hero. Sorry about the tooth...sounds like your Logan dentist was bad news! Love Poppy

~heidi said...

I am obsessed with American Idol as well, if it makes you feel any better. Brent won't admit it, but I think he, too, likes to watch it. I agree with your choices. I am torn on Amanda, the singing nurse though, I kind of like her. I also like David, the stripper dude, not becuase of that, but I like his voice. But I think Utah David will win, and I would like to see him win, not becuase he has a great voice, but because he is from Utah and Mormon. Good luck on potty training, wish I had some tips for you.

Lindsay and Mike said...

So, I love David Cook too! He is my favorite! As far as the girls, I have no clue...because I don't think I've ever watched them (I always have SOMETHING happening on Wednesday nights that prevents me from watching). Sorry about the whole teeth thing...that totally sucks! Do you need me to come up and take care of you? Haha!

Shel said...

I love that you love American Idol as much as I do! AND we like the same people! I totally agree that the boys are better this year. I loved David Cooks song this week, he was my fav this week, but it's totally between those three guys! I didn't really like David Archuleta at first, then he sang Imagine last week, and I was like DANG! That was really good! Anyways, just wanted to let you know that you aren't the only one that loves this show. Aaron admits that he enjoys it too, and we both totally vote for people. I even heard these two old ladies talking about it at the gym the other day. I think that's what is so neat about American Idol, people of all ages can really enjoy it. I'm with you on the two girls that are good too, I'm really glad that Kady is gone, Aaron and I kept expecting to hear rumors about a scandlous past or something about her.

Sherwoods said...

Okay, so I am not the biggest AI fan, but I love that you love Lifehouse. They are my all time favorite. In fact, Josh just took me to a concert that they were at a few months ago for our 6th anniversary. He was so good to sit there with all the teenage girls (Avril Lavigne, Simple Plan, and Boys Like Girls were there too). I also hate dentists. I currently have seven cavities, but am now not able to get them fixed before we leave for Mexico (see the reason on our blog a little later, I don't have time right now!). Anyway, good luck with the crowns and American Idol!

Rachel Seren said...

I agree with you on the top picks of idol. We don't watch it much but have caught a couple this season. That really sucks about your tooth! I totally know what you mean about the insurance, one good thing about T-Mobile is that they had great insurance!

C and C Young said...

Love Idol! I also had a dentist who overfilled two of my teeth and almost exploded them. When I went to a different dentist he was shocked at the shoddy job the other dentist did and fixed them with crowns. It was NOT fun paying that bill! Thank goodness Chadd had great insurance through Marriott. I'm sorry you have to pay so much!

Tara said...

Honestly the money that can be spent on teeth is unbelievable. I am sorry that you have to pay for it. I have a tooth that just cracked because I never got it crowned so I feel your pain. I hate paying for that kind of stuff.

Kyla Stevens said...

Whatever, american idol is for people of all ages. I love it! I haven't ever watched the boys, but the girls rock and I think this is the best year ever.
So sorry about your tooth, that hurts so bad.