Once again, I really don't have anything great to write about this week. I guess our family life is just incredibly boring! :) But we do have little random things going on that I thought I should update everybody on...
Greg, well... he's probably the most boring of our family right now cuz his life is the exact same as it always is! ;) His time basically consists of work, school, work, school, scouts, and more work and school! Fortunately though, this semester is going great for him. His classes are all online and even though he is taking 13 credits (as opposed to 9 in the summer), he is doing great. He has straight A's and I hope he keeps it up! We also found out that he will graduate next December so that was great news.
Gavin is growing up so fast, I can hardly handle it! He has a best friend who lives across the street and they play together all the time, which has been really weird to me because I still think of Gavin as my little baby! However, while he is extremely grown up in a social sense, he is still acting a little young when it comes to potty training. He absolutely refuses to go to the bathroom in the potty and it is getting extremely frustrating! I just bought him pull-ups the other day (Cars pull-ups, no less...) and he will have nothing to do with them. I try to put them on and he screams and cries for a diaper! I always joke that he is going to be my druggie chid when he grows up because he is such a follower, not a leader. But I don't know... I am reconsidering my position on this now because all of his little friends are potty trained, and he acts like the toilet is the plague!
Tyler is also growing up so fast! He army crawls really well these days, and is so close to normal crawling. He gets himself up on all fours and just rocks back and forth (see picture), so I am expecting him to crawl anyday now. Baby proofing, here I come... :( He is also loving eating normal food. With Gavin, I was so worried about allergies and all that, but with Ty, I haven't been nearly as strict. He eats cereal, bread, crackers, and anything else he can get his hands on, and he loves it!
As for me, I just started teaching piano lessons again last week. We decided last month (after Greg's store only hit 70% of their quota) that we needed some extra money. So I currently have 3 students, but am hoping for more. Other than that, I am just waiting (very impatiently, I must say) for October and November to be over so that Christmas time will be here! Seriously, you have no idea how much I thrive off of the month of December! You would think once Christmas is over that I would be glad and ready to move on to January (with our 2 birthdays, Christmas, and our anniversary in December), but no - not even close! In January, I just start looking forward to Christmas all over again! :)
We hope all of you are doing well! I am so excited that so many more of my friends have started blogs! It is so fun to read your guys', so keep updating them. Until next time! -Ash
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
A Random Update on All of Us!
Posted by
The Swensons
at
3:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ash, it sounds like you got the Christmas bug from your Mom! Love Poppy
Cute background! Gavin will not be a druggie, just a very popular boy who is still in diapers. I would say it will keep him out of trouble with the ladies :) j/k. Consider your self lucky, I can't keep Ashton off of the toilet, it is so hard to keep her dressed when she pretends to go potty 29 times a day and still isn't potty trained. thanks for the tag.
Don't worry about the potty training thing. I know everyone says he will just "get it" one day, & you're thinking, "Yeah...maybe when he's 12!" (At least that's what I thought with Connor) But, it really is true! One day it just clicks. Connor was 3 years & 2 months...so plan maybe in February sometime. Good luck!
I am tagging you. It is different than the one you just did. Read my blog for the rules. Your new backround is really cute.
Post a Comment