Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Family Pictures... Why Do We Even Try?

This past weekend, we went down to my parents for General Conference. We had a really fun time hanging out with the family (as always!)... but not such a fun time taking family pictures, which I really wanted to do while we were down there! Since the weather was so miserable on Saturday, we decided to do it in between sessions on Sunday. So we headed up Provo Canyon at about 12:00, found an area where my dad had found some good scenery, parked, and got out of our cars only to be blasted with freezing cold wind! Greg and I had on sweaters but the boys only had on long sleeved shirts, and they were cold! Poor little Gavin was crying and saying, "Mommy, it's so cold!" I felt so bad and told him we would hurry, but you can tell in our first pictures (in the train car) that he was not happy! It definitely took him a long time to warm up to the camera. Poor Dan (Kristin's boyfriend) was even throwing little rocks into the air and letting them fall on himself to get Gavin to smile. After a couple different shots in the canyon, we finally decided it was just way too cold, and we were right - by the time we got back to our cars, it was snowing!!! So we went to Riverwoods in Provo and took the rest where it was at least 10 degrees warmer and the wind wasn't blowing! In the end though, we came out of it with some pretty crazy pictures, but also some good ones, so we hope you enjoy them! And a huge thanks again to my Dad for his willingness to take them and his patience! :) Until next time! -Ash

Don't let this picture deceive you, it really was COLD!

Gavin sure looks happy, doesn't he? We had just finished wiping tears off his face right before this picture.

There's that bitter cold wind, blowing through my hair, and Gavin with a completely confused look on his face. I actually think we took this picture when Dan was throwing rocks on himself!

Almost every time we were posed and ready for a picture, Tyler would throw his arms up in the air like this, and it was a struggle to get them down and keep them down!

I actually really like this one, even though I don't think Tyler looks like himself - he looks like a much pudgier version!

This one was pretty good too, especially because we got both boys smiling at the same time! It was a miracle!

5 comments:

Tara said...

Such cute pictures! I think your backround looks very cute. Sorry that I have had your name spelled wrong on my blog. I knew it didn't look right but I couldn't figure out why. Your boys are so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I think everyone turned out just great! Love Poppy

Lindsay and Mike said...

That's actually a very SUCCESSFUL photo shoot. We took about 50 pictures up in Jackson Hole & only 1 was usable!

Mallory said...

Ashlee-
Your boys are so handsome! I can't believe how big Tyler is. I think your pictures turned out great.
-Mallory

Kyla Stevens said...

ashlee, you guys are the perfect model family. You look gorgeous in the pics. I agree with lindsay, our last photo shoot we got one cute one with only adrienne in it. I hear ya.