On Saturday night, we went to the Circus with Kristin and Dan (Lindsay and her family, along with my mom and dad were in Moab) and it was an interesting, but fun, experience! When we told Gavin a week before that we were going to go, he was so excited and kept asking about it everyday, so you can imagine his excitement when Saturday actually came! However, when we actually got there, he decided he wasn't so excited anymore and wanted to go home! (Our tickets were in the upper bowl and we think the height scared him.) So literally, for the first 15 minutes of the show, he was crying and latching on to us like he hasn't done in a long time! But when the elephants came out, all of that stopped and he got excited again and enjoyed the rest of the show.
Everything else we saw was typical of a circus - tigers, acrobats, clowns, human canonballs, and even horses and zebras (which I was a bit surprised by). I was a little bothered by the way they whipped the animals though, especially the tigers. Trust me, I am by no means a huge animal rights activits or anything like that! I like my meat! :) But it did seem a little abusive. And after seeing that, I have to admit I felt a little guilty because as we were walking in earlier, there were some PETA protestors outside with their signs saying that Barnum and Bailey abuses their animals. I looked at the protestor closest to us and said, "Wow" really sarcastically. He turned around and yelled at me, "Animal abuse is NOT a laughing matter!" I still don't completely agree with him, and I do still laugh when I think about how mad he was at me, but I guess I see his point now. :)
Overall though, we had a great time! Sorry there aren't many pictures - we were so busy taking care of kids that we didn't have time to take many. :) Until next time! -Ash
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
A Night at the Circus
Posted by
The Swensons
at
1:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
In Moab we saw a T-shirt that read PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals...we should have got it for Greg to wear to the next circus! I'm glad Gavy enjoyed the circus elephants, even from the upper deck! Love Poppy
Post a Comment