Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, Happy New Year everyone! I wish I had some great post about our fabulous New Year's Eve... but I don't, because Gavin was sick YET AGAIN. Seriously, how is it possible that he came down with a stomach bug right before Thanksgiving, Christmas, and now New Year's?! I'm stumped, but hoping it doesn't happen again.

Anyway, I sincerely hope 2009 is a great year all around. I know 2008 could have been a much worse year for our family than it was, but it definitely wasn't fun and I'm glad to see it behind us. All I can hope is that this year will be better - even with Obama as president! :)

As for my New Year's Resolutions, I franky don't have any this year. I always start them every January, and then forget all about them a month later. So none of those for me! :) But I am hoping over the course of the year to continually become a better parent, and learn how to get better organized. Greg and I made our first attempt at the latter yesterday when we went through all of the boys' toys (scattered throughout the whole house!) and got rid of a ton of stuff! It was definitely hard for me cuz I'm a bit of a packrat (and I associate every little thing with some sort of memory - ha ha), but it felt good to be able to see the floor in our storage room again! :)

Well, Happy '09 to all of you! -Ash

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Gavin just gets so excited for holidays that his little stomach can't handle it! Hope the Swensons have a great 09! Love Poppy

Reagan Family said...

I totally do the same thing with the boys stuff. Why can't I just throw it away?! I hope you guys are doing well!

Cherice and Corey said...

We missed you guys at our little party! I felt for you when Corey said you weren't going to be able to come because Gavin was sick again. Hopefully you'll have better luck for Easter!

Melany said...

i know, i'm so sentimental with every little thing. it's so hard for me to throw away stuff but i feel so much better afterwards, too. :)

Tara said...

I can believe how many times you have had to deal with sick kids. No fun. I hope everyone is all better now.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Maybe Gavin has a little bit of acid reflux like Connor did when he was that age. The doctor put him on some medicine (can't remember the name now) for a few months & he hasn't struggled with it since...maybe something to talk to your doctor about.

Also, how about a new years resolution to give my kids another cousin this year??? :)

Megan said...

Sorry to hear you've all been sick again but it still sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! How does Christmas bingo work? That sounds like such a fun tradition, I'd really like to try it!