My cute friend Linsay tagged me. And even though I've done a tag similar to this before, I'm still going to do it as an excuse to ignore my responsibilities around the house and have some me-time! :)
10 years ago...1998. I was 15, having one of the funnest summers of my life. It was the summer between junior high and high school, and I remember hanging out with Lara, Nicole, and Krystal just about every day (and night). We watched a whole lot of TRL with Carson Daley and played way too much Truth and Dare. This was also the notorious summer that Lara and I snuck out of the house (my idea...) and got picked up by the cops at 2:00 a.m. for being out past city curfew. (Hey, it's not as bad as it sounds - we just snuck out to meet my boyfriend. Ha ha!) The look on my parents' face when the cop brought me home that night still makes me shudder... I also got my first kiss that summer - ooh la la!
5 years ago...2003. Greg I were newlyweds that summer - we had been married for about 6 months at that point. I was working at Lowe's as a cashier and Greg had just barely started at T-Mobile as a sales rep. Honestly, I remember it being a really rough summer because I missed my family a ton (since it was my first summer away from home), but Greg was awesome and really helped me through it. We lived in our old, tiny house in Logan at the time and were fixing it up.
5 months ago...January. January was a pretty bad month at our house, as you all probably know by now. Greg had just signed on with A World of Tile and after his first day, we both felt like we had just made the biggest mistake of our lives. It was a pretty sickening feeling since he had left a really good job for something that was so horrible. Fortunately, in retrospect, we now feel like it happened for a reason - to get Greg to the job he's at now, which is going so well! We honestly couldn't have asked for anything better, and I really don't think we would be where we're at now without going through that trial.
5 things on my to do list tomorrow...
1. Drive down to Utah County
2. Go to my last hair appointment with Tara (I am going to miss you!)
3. Go shopping with my mom to celebrate her birthday (a little late, but better late than never!)
4. Finish my Young Women's lesson for Sunday
5. Drive home
5 things I would do if I was suddenly a billionaire...
1. Pay tithing and donate.
2. Sell our current house and build my dream house.
3. Go on a much-needed cruise with the most expensive suite on top.
4. Burn all my cheap clothes that have holes in them and get a whole new wardrobe!
5. Buy a Steinway grand piano, which I would put in a special room built just for it in my new house! :)
5 bad habits...
1. Worrying myself sick about everything.
2. Being way too much of a clean freak.
3. Letting my obsession with a clean house take precedence over playing with my kids.
4. Not being happy with what I have.
5. Complaining about Greg never having time to spend with us.
5 places I've lived...
1. Provo
2. Orem
3. Logan
4. Nibley
5. Where I live now, which creepy people don't need to know. :)
5 things people don't know about me...
1. I have to get ready every single day - meaning my hair has to be done, my makeup on, and I have to be dressed in clothes I'm okay with people seeing me in. I guess it's a family thing - my sisters, my mom and I are all like that!
2. I hate watching movies, but love watching TV. Movies are just way too long and it's hard to get into one unless you see it from the very beginning, but with TV shows you can usually come in anytime and still be entertained.
3. Speaking of TV, I am currently a huge Bachelorette and Design Star fan!
4. I just barely got down to my pre-pregnancy weight (and when I say pre-prenancy, I mean pre-Gavin. How sad is that that it took me 4 years?!).
5. I usually get into bed around 11:00 and don't go to bed until about 1:00. I just love having that quiet time when everybody else is asleep (including Greg) and I get some time to myself.
Okay, so I am going to tag... Heidi Christensen, Kyla Stevens, Lara Izant, Megan Swenson, and Emily Sagendorf.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Tagged Again
Posted by
The Swensons
at
3:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
heheh...thank you..I now have something to blog about. I am really going to have to think about some of these though. Have fun tomorrow and tell you Mom Happy Birthday (late) from Brent and me.
Hey, I do my hair and get dressed every day too! (But I skip the makeup). Love Poppy
ASH! I just looked at your blog and wanted to tell you your kidos are so cute! I love ya missy!
That was fun to read, I love learning new things about people!! :0)
Oh no, not me! Well, I guess I'm going to have to do some thinking...
You really get dressed and ready everyday?? I really need to pick up the pace ;)
Tell your mom Happy Birthday! She just turned 29 again...right?
I love hearing about my friends. Lately, I've been getting ready every day, and it has been a torturous three days! lol.
I love your new layout. It is very very cute.
glad to hear things are going well with the new job Greg. Hope everything is going well for ya'll up there.
Just found your blog on facebook. Cute! Fun to hear about your life and your kids. I admire that you never leave the house without looking stunning and that you are a clean freak. I am neither of these. A tomboy slob, just as you've always known me!
Cute blog! I found it on facebook. You look as beautiful as ever. Being a mom must be so challenging but it looks like you are doing a great job.
Post a Comment