Thursday, June 5, 2008

My Baby is Back! (Albeit a Few Pounds Lighter...)

After a week of throwing up, Tyler is finally back to normal and I couldn't be more thrilled! And yes, I said a week. Seriously, who would have thought this stomach bug would last that long?! Everytime we would think he was getting over it, he would throw up again. Not only did it drive me crazy, but I could tell it was really bothering him too. I have never seen that little boy so grouchy before - he wanted to be held at all times, and even after being picked up, he would usually keep whining and crying. It got really grating on both of us and I'm so glad it's over. (The only benefit that came from all of this is that Ty lost a few pounds, which definitely makes holding him a lot easier!) So, since I'm so happy he's finally better, I decided to take some pictures today to remind me that I should never take that little boy's smile for granted. I have seriously missed it over the past week!



Back to what he does best - eating!


Back to the brotherly silliness...


And just back to smiling! It's about time...

(That shirt used to fit him perfectly, and now it hangs on him because of the weight he lost. Poor kid!)


We actually took this picture a while ago before Ty got sick, but I just had to put it in because I think it's so cute. When we went in to wake him up for church one Sunday, this is what we found. What a kid! -Ash

6 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Haha! I love that last picture! I'm so glad that he is doing better! Stomach flu is the WORST (for both the person that has it & for the mom that has to clean it all up)!

Rachel Seren said...

I am glad that he is feeling better!

~heidi said...

Poor kid having the stomach flu. I agree it is hard to see them not their usual self. I know for me, when my kids are sick or gone, I realize and appreciate them even more because I see how much joy they bring into the house, even if it is loud and crazy. I am glad that he is feeling much better, cute smile he has! I promise, I am trying to find my software to get those pictures off my camera to send to you still.
I will work on that this weekend.

Shel said...

Poor little guy! Glad he's all smiles again. I can't believe how much your boys look alike in that pic of them together! They are both so cute, I love those dimples.

Anonymous said...

Your sister Lindsay got such a bad stomach flu when she was one that she never did regain the weight! But I'm sure with Ty's appetite that he should be back to being a "chunk" in a week! Glad Ty's back to normal. Love Poppy

Tara said...

Hooray for being done potty training! I hate the stomach flu. I had it all day yesterday and was miserable. I can't imagine having it for a week. I am glad for you and for Ty that it is over and he is back to normal.