Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Friends, Family, Food, and Fun...

Yes, I know it's been a while since I've written. Life has just been extremely busy, and I honestly am excited for it to slow down soon! And to make matters worse, when I sat down to start this post yesterday, my tendonitis came back with a vengeance for reasons unknown to me (I haven't had problems with it in years)! Because of that, I am planning on keeping my writing to a minimum for this post since this typing is a bit painful. Anyway, here's a glimpse of what we did this past weekend. We had a blast and I totally wish I could just do it all over again this weekend! :)


On Friday afternoon, my mom picked up Gavin for a sleep-over at "Nana and Poppy's". Gavin's cousins were there too and from what I hear, they had a great time! My parents took the three boys to "Kung Fu Panda" and McDonald's of course, then let them sleep over (which went amazingly well, I hear - just take a look at that picture!). The next day, my mom and Linz took the boys to the Orem Summerfest carnival and they had a great time! (More pics below)


Greg and I went down to Orem on Saturday morning, and that afternoon, I met up with my old high school and college friends for another girls' day! And we had such a blast! We met at Guru's in Provo and just hung out for a couple hours eating and talking. The whole thing just solidified to me what an awesome group of friends I have. So thanks Lara for planning everything. I can't wait for next time!


That night, we all headed out to one of my favorite Summer pastimes ever - the Orem Summerfest parade. Once again, we had such a great time! The little boys loved everything about it. I have seriously never seen Ty so intrigued before. He sat still for almost the entire thing! Afterwards, we staked out a good spot at Cascade Park to watch the fireworks and once again, the boys were enthralled.


On Sunday, we celebrated Father's Day and Kristin's 21st birthday with a yummy dinner, and cake and ice cream. Overall, it was such a fun weekend! I have so much more I could write about it, but out of fear that my wrist will start hurting worse, I better stop! :) So thanks Mom and Dad for having us (and Gavin overnight) - I couldn't ask for a better family! -Ash






The boys on the swings at the carnival.

I guess the boys got to go into a fire truck, and thought it was the coolest thing ever!

Aiden and Gavin having some fun.
Me, Linz, and Baby Cohen (who will be joining us in 2 short months!) at the parade.

My little stud!


Dan and Greg sporting their free ties that employees from the Missionary Mall were throwing out! I have always made fun of that store, but now I kind of like them! Seriously, who doesn't like free ties?!

My gorgeous mom with two busy boys (who can't sit still for a camera worth anything!)

My Dad with his Father's Day gift from us - a Bill O'Reilly "Don't Be a Pinhead" t-shirt! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The whole weekend was a blast. Thanks for coming down and I loved my T-shirt. Love Poppy

Megan said...

Looks like an exciting couple of days! I hope your wrists get feeling better soon!

Lindsay and Mike said...

It was a blast! I love Summerfest!

Rachel Seren said...

I miss the good old town parades. They don't have anything like that here.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I freaking look like a tub of lard in that picture! Good heavens! Diet is being implemented NOW.

Kyla Stevens said...

That was soooooo fun! I wish we lived closer so we could hang out all the time.
You are so pretty in these pictures. And your boys are so cute.

Marky said...

Hey I'm so glad you found our blog! I can't believe how big your kids are now, they grow up so fast!! Looks like you guys had lots of fun down in Orem.. Dan wants you to tell Greg that he needs his number, so if Greg will call him! Glad you guys are doing good, I'm excited to keep checking back!

Marky said...

I'm so glad you found our blog! I can't believe how big your boys are getting, they grow up so fast!! Looks like you guys had so much fun down in Orem.. Dan wants you to tell Greg to call him cause he doesn't have his number.. I'm excited to keep checking back to see what you guys are up to!

Jarrett Family said...

Hey Ashlee! I'm so glad you found our blog! It has been forever since we have seen you guys. Your boys are too cute and getting so big! Lets for sure keep in touch! Heidi Jarrett