Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Our Little Sunbeam!

Sunday was Gavin's first day in Primary (how weird is that?), and it went much better than I thought it would! I have been so nervous about this for a while now because Gavin is the youngest one in his class, and he still isn't potty trained. Plus, he loves nursery, so I thought it would be extremely hard to pull him away from all the toys and snacks, and make him sit still for 2 hours! But like I said, things went much better than planned. He sat through all of singing and sharing time without hardly saying a word! (And yes, that does mean he didn't sing...) He did look at me ocassionally to wave, but how can you get mad at your child for that? :) (For those of you who don't know, I'm the primary pianist.)

As for his class time, his teachers told me that he did really well. I guess when they pulled out the paper to make crowns (like the one Gavin is wearing in the picture), Gavin said, "Hey! You don't put paper on your head!" :) Leave it to a 3-year-old to be honest and reasonable...

Anyway, I am SO thrilled it went as well as it did and that Gavin now tells me how much he likes Primary! This has been a big stress to me for the past few months, but he surprised me and did well. Now the only stress left is that little nagging problem of potty training! :) Until next time! -Ash

6 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Good job Gav! Usually the youngest kids do have a hard time, so I am very impressed. Connor missed nursery for about six months...at that point, I think it had just been so long that he had forgotten about it. Way to start out on the right foot Gav.

Anonymous said...

Today, Sunbeams; tomorrow, the London England Mission! Love Poppy

C and C Young said...

I am impressed and wish that all of my ward's primary children were that well behaved! Ours tend to have attention problems and think chairs are made to be jumped off of.

Rachel Seren said...

Hey good to hear from you guys! It's been awhile, glad to hear all is going well. I am the primary pianist as well as the secretary and I know how hard it is for your kids not to get distracted by you being there! :) Josh is currently changing jobs right now, crazy how fast life changes!

Rachel Seren said...

Hey Greg and Ashley, congrats on moving on from T-Mobile. I was pretty sad to leave too, was coming up on just 3 years but from the sounds of it I got out at the right time! Now just inthe boat you were in to finding the right fit job ASAP!! Crazy how things work out! Good to finally catch up again, keep in touch!
Josh, Rachel, Jesse & Cole

Jen said...

Hey Ash, Thanks for your comment on the blog. We had a girl named Emily Thornton do them. She does a great job. Also, Mckenzie Harrison does photography too and she is AMAZING!!! She is going to do our next ones. Their websites are photographybymckenzie.com and imagesbyem.com. Emily took these ones because she was taking Aaron's famly pics but I think she did a good job. P.S. Your little boy is adorable!!