Since life was so crazy around our anniversary and we didn't get to do anything all that fun for it, we decided to do a little getaway this past weekend. Greg's sister Jenny offered to take the kids, and Greg and I went and stayed in the Anniversary Inn in Logan. It was seriously such a nice change of pace! I don't know if this makes me a bad parent, but I can honestly say that I didn't worry about the kids, let alone even think about them all that much! :) We also had a great time going out to dinner with Kristin and Dan that night (see picture). We tried out a new restaurant called "Blackstone," which is in the old D.I. building! :) The food was FABULOUS - for those of you who live in Logan, you need to eat there! The only disappointment was that our waitor was ridiculously slow. We literally waited 30 minutes from the time we were seated until he first came over to order our drinks! (We then waited another 15 minutes after that for the drinks.) Hopefully, for the sake of the restaurant, the waitors will work out the kinks because the food was awesome! Overall, we had a great time and like I said, it was just such a nice change of pace. I came back feeling a little bit better about motherhood, which has really been on a downhill slide lately! Until next time! -Ash
P.S. I decided I just couldn't leave this part out because it was too funny to me. In our room at the Anniversary Inn, they had a book where you could write your thoughts about your stay there. Well, there was one guy on the very first page who wrote, "Thank you so much for the wonderful room. I shared the best moment of my life here with my new wife." Ewww! I was so grossed out! But then I couldn't stop laughing either... who writes that?!
Sunday, January 13, 2008
A Much Needed Weekend Away!
Posted by
The Swensons
at
8:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Nasty!!! Nasty!!! Nasty!!! I don't think I'll ever look at the Anniversary Inn the same way again! I'm glad you had a good weekend!
Good for you for getting away for a bit. It always is good for the relationship and good for your outlook on motherhood. Troy and I are due for an overnighter. The comment is hilarious. It's funny that someone would write that for everyone to read.
Ashley, Brent didn't think you would stay in the same room we stayed in...lol. We have not been to that Anniversary Inn before. So just kidding. I could not help but put that. That is really funny though. Congratulations on Greg getting a new job as well. We hope it goes well for him.
Life is always so much better, once you can step away and do something different even if it's only for a little bit.
I don't remember writing that, but I probably did. Love Poppy
Yeah that is pretty gross!!! I know what you are talking about with being able to get away. Aaron and I couldn't go anywhere for our anniversary because we just had Landon. We are planning a cruise for April and I can't wait. I am so glad that you had a good time!!
Honestly, I probably would have left the same comment, why not, it made you laugh after all!!
it was fun to hang out with you, stu!! i am going to go stay there now and just write the most weird and perverted comment in the world just so that everyone will post it on their blog too! :) i'll be famous!!
Post a Comment