Sunday, June 3, 2007

Good News All Around!

As usual, I apologize for not writing recently. Either I have so little to do that I am almost bored to tears, or I have so much to do that I can hardly even find time to sit down! And lately, it's been the latter... So forgive me again... But we have had some exciting things happen lately (at least exciting by our standards!) that I thought I should write about.

#1 - After a month of sharing my Envoy with Greg (or should I say basically giving it to him), I am finally getting it back! For those of you who don't know what's been going on, Greg's new car was not driveable when he first bought it so he has been working on it for the past month to get it working properly. Fortunately, he finished everything he wanted to do on it himself this past week, and it is now in the shop getting everything else fixed. It will be done on Tuesday and I couldn't be happier! After the past month, I have an extremely hard time understanding how families can function with just one car. I thought it wouldn't be too bad, but... it was. So hallelujah is all I have to say! ;)

#2 - We finally got grass on the side of our house! When we first moved in last summer, the entire yard had grass except the side (I think the original owners wanted to do concrete, but just never did). It was such a disaster, there were weeds 2-3 feet high! In fact, we even got a warning in the mail from Roy City that if we didn't cut them down within 2 weeks, we would be fined $100! (Mind you, we had only lived in the house for 1 month by that point... kind of annoying when it wasn't our doing!) Anyway, I didn't want that to happen again this summer, and I just wanted our yard to look nice and finished! So after much pushing and prodding, I finally got Greg to work on it and he did a great job, don't you think?

#3 - We finally found Green Ramone! Ha ha, for those of you who are wondering what in the world I am talking about, let me explain... Gavin is a huge fan of the movie Cars. Ever since he got the DVD for Christmas, it has pretty much ruled his/our life. He knows almost every character by memory (about 30 of them) and says "Ka-chow!" about 20 times a day! Well last February, my parents gave him 3 of the little collectable Cars cars for Valentine's Day - Lightning McQueen, Sally, and Doc. Wow, what a mistake that was! (Ha ha, just kidding Mom and Dad.) But in all seriousness, Gavin just fell in love with these cars. He had to take them everywhere and even sleep with them at night! So we occasionally started looking for other characters on our own time to give to him (it was just so cute to see how excited he would get). However, over time, (just as Disney was hoping for I'm sure) we got hooked on finding every collectable car they made! Not only would I look everytime I went to the store, but even my parents would look for us! And of course, over the past 4 months, Gavin's collection has kept growing and growing (in fact, his last addition was purchased last night... it's sad, I know.) Crazy enough, we are up to 30 now! What a spoiled kid! Anyway, getting back to the point... So last month, we couldn't find the Green Ramone and Gavin was quite devastated. We searched the house numerous times together and couldn't find it anywhere. I was convinced it was gone, never to be seen again. But to my amazement and Gavin's sheer excitement, he found it last week - hidden behind the trunk in our living room (where I'm sure he dropped it and then forgot about it). So he is quite happy now, and I'm happy because I don't have to hear him whining anymore! And that's definitely good news! :) (Just for kicks, I thought I would stick in a picture of Gavin with his collection of Cars cars - all 30 of them! It has gotten out of control, I know, and I think we are done with our collecting (once we find Fillmore of course! ;) )

Well, that's what's been happening with us lately! We hope all of you are doing well and having a great start to your summer. I know we are! We pulled out the pool for Gavin yesterday and he had a great time. Until next time! -Ash

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow, Gavin has 4 Ramones and only two Lightning McQueens! I hope you find Fillmore soon (or I do. Mom doesn't check out the toy sections at Walmart, Shopko and Target like I do). The grass looks great and it funny how your garage smells like Lindsay's (that lovely restored VW smell!) Love Poppy

Anonymous said...

way tuters picture of gavy-gav! i'm sure poppy will not let you guys stop with just 30, though!! haha.. its like mine and mudd's beanie obsession all over again, but this time its with poppy and gavy!

Anonymous said...

Gavin takes the cutest photos! Love Nana

Anonymous said...

I request a blog on Ty! Love Poppy