Thursday, May 24, 2007

My "Top 10 List" of Why TV Sucked This Week!

So you may think this is a funny topic to write about, but I have been very irritated by TV this week! As a stay-at-home mom, the TV is one of my good friends because it gives me some background noise and gives me some adults to listen to (I'm sure all you stay-at-home moms can relate)! But this past week has just been full of disappointment for me and I wanted to vent, so I decided to make my own Top 10 List about why I seriously want to throw my TV out the window... So bear with me... :)

#10. Bill O'Reilly is not on Bill O'Reilly this week. Come on, Bill! Don't you know it's May Sweeps?!?! (More than anything, I just want to hear his scoop on Rosie O'Donnell...)

#9. Since it is May Sweeps, all the local news channels are trying to get high ratings so they all have "exclusive" stories every night. For example, ABC 4 reported the other night that they had "exclusive" information that we are attacking Iran from within, and Channel 2 did a couple live shots with life flight and emergency responders so "we could see what it is like." No offense Linz, I still love Channel 2, but I just get so sick of the news channels coming up with these lame "exclusive stories" during sweeps!!! They're all so stupid!!! Haha

#8. Yes, I am a dedicated fan of numerous reality shows, but do we really need 2-hour results shows? Nobody really cares about seeing the people that got kicked off two months ago, let alone seeing them dance or sing again. It's just a waste of our time!

#7. However, if these producers insist on having 2-hour results shows, at least put on performers that are worth our time! i.e. Bette Midler on American Idol... need I say more?

#6. Rosie O'Donnell continued her Bush bashing on The View Tuesday. When the question came up about where the Bush family inherited their money from, she looked right at the camera and said, "The terrorists? The Saudis? (*Wink *Wink)" Come on ABC! Just kick her off now. I am a firm believer that whether you agree with our President or not, you should at least respect the office, and not make such horrific claims like saying our President allowed the terrorists to come attack our country for money.

#5. Are you as sick of the lame, original American Idol songs that both contestants have to sing at the end of the finale like I am? Not only are they quite cheesy, but it really is unfair to some of the contestants (i.e. Blake). That is not his kind of music, so of course Jordin would outdo him on it (and everybody is saying she won because of that song). Doesn't this seem a little unfair?

(Sorry, we're getting there! This is actually good therapy for me! I have lots of built-up anger!!! Haha)

#4. The Bachelor picked the completely wrong girl for him!!! Come on, don't you think I would know better than him? ;) Ha ha. But seriously, this girl Tessa (who he picked) acted like she didn't even like him the whole time, yet Bevin (the girl he turned down) was madly in love with him. What is wrong with this picture?! I have a new idea - let the viewers vote! Then he would have made the right decision! ;)

#3. After Rosie O'Donnell and Elisabeth Hasselbeck's fight on The View yesterday, Alicia Silverstone came out on stage and walked right past Elisabeth, completely ignoring her, and hugged all three other hosts, including Rosie. Come on! Are we in junior high again? Isn't Elisabeth allowed to have her views, and have them be heard (just like Rosie demands the same)? Elisabeth has been talked down to long enough, and she deserved to take a jab at Rosie, so come on Alicia. If you should be ignoring anyone, it should be Rosie for her hateful and hurtful comments over the past 4 months! (If you didn't see this scene with Alicia, here's a link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoFH-BAHqN4).

#2. The Jazz... need I say much more?

And #1 is...... Jordin Sparks winning American Idol! I know, I know, most of you probably loved her and are glad she won, but I'm not! I guarantee that she will go down in American Idol history with names like Reuben, Fantasia, and Taylor because there is nothing special about her! She has a pretty voice, but it doesn't sound any different than the other voices you hear on the radio. To be successful, you have to be original, and she's not! But you know who is? BLAKE!!! (And by the way, he isn't just a beatboxer like the whole world says... He really is a good singer! How else would he have made it through the preliminary rounds with the judges if he wasn't?)

Well... there are my Top 10 reasons why TV sucked this past week, and why I might just throw ours out the window! Better yet... maybe I just need to turn it off. Haha. However, I am looking forward to my dad's interview on Glenn Beck tomorrow! You go, Dad! Until next time! -Ash

2 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

No offense taken! By the way, I agree with you that Blake should have won, but maybe it will be better for him in the long run. Now, he won't be tied down with the "American Idol" image his whole career, and he won't have to release a lame song as his first single. I think he secretly wanted to lose. I also agree with you about Rosie...is it June 21st yet?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what's with no Bill O'Reilly? I'm going through some serious withdrawal! Hey how about a blog about Gavin's "Cars" collection? This kid knows more about "Cars Cars" than Pixar's president! Love Poppy