Sunday, June 10, 2007

An Update on Tyler

You would think my blog has turned into a radio station with all the requests my Dad keeps putting in! :) His most recent request was that I write about Tyler, which is funny because I was thinking the same thing just the day before. For those of you who haven't seen him in a while (or haven't seen him at all), I thought I needed to give you an update on just how much he's grown and what a sweet boy he is! After all, what parent doesn't love to brag about their kids?

First, and probably most importantly, Ty has the sweetest temperament ever! He is happy to go anywhere, anytime with you, and loves to just look around. Just about everything fascinates him at this age! :) Last night was the perfect example of this. We went to see some Chinese Acrobats at the Sandy Amphitheatre with my entire family and were there from 7:00-10:00. Tyler literally did not make a peep for the entire 3 hours. He either sat in somebody's arms or in his car seat and just looked around! It was fabulous. Also, as anyone who has seen him knows, he literally lights up when he catches you looking at him. He absolutely loves attention and will give you quite the show if you just give him just the slightest bit of attention.


Ty is also a fabulous sleeper. I really don't know if I could ask for anything better from a 6-month old. For about the past 2 months, he has been sleeping anywhere from 10-12 hours straight through the night, and if he does wake up, he can typically put himself back to sleep. While he doesn't sleep nearly as well during the day (a lot of the time, he will only nap on our bed as you can see from the picture!), we appreciate the fact that we are able to get some sleep at night!


Tyler is also getting extremely strong these days. He can lift his head up really well and he rolls around quite a bit (which can cause problems in his crib because his head gets stuck under the bumper!). This picture is one of his signature moves - a little like Superman, huh? While he is showing no signs of crawling or being able to sit up on his own (thank heavens!), he loves to roll onto his tummy, lift his head up, and just watch Gavin. They are both extremely fascinated with each other and I honestly think they will be great friends soon.


Anyway, there's an update on our little guy. It's hard to believe how disappointed I was last July when I found out we were having another boy. I just wanted a girl so bad! But now that I have Tyler, I wouldn't trade him for any girl in the world! He is seriously just such an angel and we absolutely love having him as part of our family. Okay, enough of the cheesiness... We hope you are all doing well and having a good summer! Until next time! -Ash

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i cant believe how big the boys are getting!!! ty is such a stud! you've been on a roll with the blogs now... it must be an exciting summer!!! but im sure its not as exciting without me around... oh and i think you should do a blog on why im cooler than kristin.. haha

Anonymous said...

awww, my lil chunky monkey just keeps getting cuter and cuter by the day! such a smiley little chunk. it may be true he looks like me now, but lets just hope he doesn't grow up as weird as me!! (although it just adds to what i like to call a sparkling personality...) anyways, i love you lots, sister! your fam is tuters and i love the pictures! (i stole them :) and saved them on my computer!)

p.s. are you stretching so that you can fit in the overhead compartment on the plane?! this may require some major flexibility here, maam, and we leave in 5 short days! (woohoo!!)

wuv wu!

Anonymous said...

Ty is a wonder baby...sweet and quiet, but then so was Aiden at that age! You just might have a wild toddler on your hands in a year or so!

Ty is a cute kid, just like his brother!

How come Gavin has tried to climb on chairs on top of the table yet? He seemed facinated by the technique of the Chinese acrobats!

Love, Poppy